PDA

View Full Version : To wave or not to wave?

Carl C
09-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Some members mentioned on another thread that the fisher folks often don't return waves. So many people seem to have bad attitudes toward performance boats. I've had many people not return waves and I'm one of the most experienced and curtious drivers on the lake. I now only will wave to other performance boats or people I know. Should I continue to wave to others just to have them turn away and stick their nose in the air?:wavey:

txtaz
09-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Poodle is right. I even wave at blow boats. Usually they don't return it, ohhh well. AND one time Richard got one running down the dock yelling at him...
Wes

Lenny
09-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I honestly can't think of anyone in another boat NOT waving back or initiating it. Blow Boats, Mega-Yachts, fisherman jigging, you name it.

gcarter
09-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Here it's a gazillion 'Toon boats, and the geezers driving them.

JPR
09-08-2005, 01:10 PM
My theory is that I wave enthusiastically so hours later when I'm broken down, they remember seeing me and can tell the coast guard what direction I was headed!:jestera:

Carl C
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to clarify that I am hesitant to initiate a wave. I will always return one. Yes, the worst offenders tend to be the 'toons, snailboats kayaks and canoes. And fishers.:wavey:

Craig S
09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
I run into the same predicament with motorcyclists. certain groups seem to purposely ignore others. I still wave. Its there prob, but its a small world, too. I feel better.

ChromeGorilla
09-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Here it's a gazillion 'Toon boats, and the geezers driving them.

George, after this post I have got to say "Your awesome, dude!" :beer: :yes: I almost spit my drink all over the screen when I read it and saw who posted it....... good stuff!

Cuda
09-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I run into the same predicament with motorcyclists. certain groups seem to purposely ignore others. I still wave. Its there prob, but its a small world, too. I feel better.
Just don't wave at those metric pukes! :p

Cuda
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
My old fishing buddy used to ask me why everyone in a boat waves at each other. I think it started to let the other boater know you're ok. I wave at everyone that looks at me, toon, ragboater, canoes, and even anyone unlucky enough to be stuck on land. :)

Craig S
09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Just don't wave at those metric pukes! :p

Its OK, Cuda. I will still wave at you.

:moped: :moped: :moped:

gcarter
09-08-2005, 02:10 PM
George, after this post I have got to say "Your awesome, dude!" :beer: :yes: I almost spit my drink all over the screen when I read it and saw who posted it....... good stuff!
Shiney, you will discover in about thirty years, there's a BIG difference between 60 and 75!!! :uzi:

Cuda
09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Its OK, Cuda. I will still wave at you.

:moped: :moped: :moped:
If not, I'll ride the other bike. :) :moped:

Craig S
09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
If not, I'll ride the other bike. :) :moped:

I am working on #3... if I could only keep the rubber down! lol

Cuda
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I am working on #3... if I could only keep the rubber down! lol
Debbie rides number three. Last weekend is the first time I've ridden in months. Too damn hot, and the memory of being upside down in my truck on the interstate has kept me off the bike. :(

Ed Donnelly
09-08-2005, 07:56 PM
When I am on my Harley, I wave at everybody. Its a laugh watching the rice burners do a double take and scramble to wave back........Ed

gcarter
09-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Ed, I'd wave at you, even if I were on a bicycle.

Carl C
09-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Almost crashed trying to wave back to a dirt biker. Now I nod!

Walt. H.
09-09-2005, 01:58 AM
The new generation doesn't know its a tradition, "it was us against the cage drivers" and the old generation is now tired of being snubbed. Its the same way with Vette owners today, years back when they made real Corvettes :embarasse when everything was manual and driven mostly by hot rod type mechanics and those that could do their own work. It was like a belonging to a club, anytime you met a vette coming in the opposite direction you both exchanged the "Hi sign", of course if you both we're stopping at a traffic light you looked around for the "man" (60's term for the police) if none you nodded and lit the tires when the light turned green. Now days when i'm out in my old vette theres no return wave :confused: they're too busy yacking on their cell phones. :banghead:

So if being snubbed bothers you you can turn your waving hand around and close up 4 fingers into a fist letting them now know that there #1! Just pick and choose carefully if you do that:wavey: :rlol:

:wavey: Walt :wavey:

Walt. H.
09-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by MadPoodle
Real Vette's have chrome bumpers

Poodle, thats Perfect .. :D
:D :D :D :D

Cuda
09-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Real Vette's have chrome bumpers :) :) :) :smash:
I think a '62 Vette is the best looking of all time. The chrome grille and chrome bumper is what makes it. :)