PDA

View Full Version : Marine carpet

gcarter
09-08-2005, 10:13 AM
My local upholsterer doesn't seem to have a source of heavy rubber backed marine carpeting.
Does anyone know of an outlet for this type carpet?

knots2u
09-08-2005, 12:09 PM
What are you putting the carpet in? I have some yardage in 20 oz. that I don't need.

Bilt-Rite Uph.
540-981-1711

Dalelama
09-08-2005, 03:46 PM
George,

Call Built-Rite... they did a fantastic job on Kenny's interior and carpet.

Not rubber backed... urathane / silicone looking clear stuff... wont flake after a few years... well worth the $$$$.

DonziJon
09-08-2005, 07:07 PM
My local upholsterer doesn't seem to have a source of heavy rubber backed marine carpeting.

George: I bought some "Indoor/Outdoor" carpet from a local "Carpet Giant" or some such when I first got my Minx..9 years ago.? It might even have been catagorized as "Marine". It was heavy. Today, it shows NO sign of wear. I made a paper template to use for cutting, and is cut in ONE piece to fit over the seat pedistals. I ended up with enough for two boats. I'm NOT going to send you the second half. :smash:

Access to the tub under the cockpit is "Difficult"..maybe rediculous, the way I cut it, but I can live with it. After this elapsed time, the rubber backing is starting to "Stick" to the cockpit sole... Not a big deal. I can still pick up the carpet without any problem, but seeing the sticking foam rubber may offend some people. (It has been 9 years) The edges are not "bound" , but there is no fraying or ragged edges.

I see some very nice Donzis with carpets that are "Bound" around the edges. That definately adds a finishing touch. I guess it's a personal choice. JON

Tidbart
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Worth a look....

http://www.bassboatcarpets.com/

Bob

DonziDave
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Bilt-Rite sure did a beautiful job on my carpet....!!!! :alligator

Trueser
09-08-2005, 09:52 PM
George,
You will be happy with Built-Rite, They did a great job on the 29.

Brad,
You should give them a call I hear they have some specials in stock. And in the color your need....

Mike

Dregsz
09-10-2005, 05:24 AM
how bout Cabellas?

87Z33
09-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I believe West Marine or Boater's World has a kit for this as well. They ship you a paper template, you mark it and send it back to them. They make a custom made bound carpet using the template. It seemed pretty reasonable.

Tim Morris
09-12-2005, 06:36 AM

George, call Built Rite. I sent him a pattern for the MINX and he
did a '60 mph' version for me. He claimed you could run at 60 mph
with the carpet on your deck and it wouldn't blow off. He's probably
right. I would have him supply the snaps separately though and
install yourself for exact placement. Very happy with mine.

cigarette30
09-12-2005, 10:36 AM

R & R Textiles, 800-835-5920. I have used them 3 times, quick turn around and fair price. They did original work for Donzi at one time, and will even stitch the Donzi logo in. They also have a website, search as written.

Dalelama
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
George....

Built Rite!

Confirm the +60mph test..... withOUT snaps... no lifting whatsoever!

W/ Donzi logo...edge piping... match colors.... CANNOT go wrong.

They have the template...'cause we recieved the Minx carpet last month....