PDA

View Full Version : Dell Technical Support

Rootsy
09-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Had to send the laptop (5150) back a 2nd time for a new Motherboard in 3 months... It's been gone going on 3 weeks now... and i am really getting tired of speaking with someone half way across the globe who keeps telling me it is at the depot and it'll be shipping in 2 - 3 days... Not to mention the first 2 people i spoke to 2 weeks ago said they had not received it and DLH had no clue where it was... and no record of ever pickign it up from my residence :rolleyes: I am getting way sick of sitting here recreating all of the drawings i had done on it for work... guess that'll teach me to back-up to CD each evening...

any of you computer folks down texas way have a contact for technical support IN THE US of A if there still is any? I just want a good firm status of repairs and eta for return...

Thank ya

txtaz
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Sorry Rootsy, Dell is just up the road and they only have headquarters and shipping there. They outsourced all tech support/billing/collections/etc to India.
Backups are a very good thing. Now you know why.
Next time you have a problem, you might want to consider taking it to a shop vice warranty work. A mainboard replacement might be $100 and you could have it up and running in a few days. Or ship it to me, I'll do it.
Wes

Trueser
09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Rootsy,
Dell is the biggest pain in the XXX. The problem is they use so many different parts for each model. And they run short. You need to call and start screaming. They will upgrade you if you go up the chain. Out of all the MFR I service I do mostly DELL service calls.

LOTS of failures....

gcarter
09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Sorry you're having problems Jamie.
I've had exellent results w/Dell. The first two times I called, the person I spoke w/ was in Panama. Since then, they have been here in the States. My motherboard failed, they had a guy out here the next day to replace it.