PDA

View Full Version : Hmmn smells like french fries ?

DONZI
09-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Diesel to cooking oil conversion kit. :moped:
http://www.greasecar.com/product_detail.cfm?prodID=18

Carl C
09-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Now if they could just figure out how to make french fries with diesel fuel.

BUIZILLA
09-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I have 3 customer's that run cars/trucks on used cooking oil. All 3 own their own restaurants. One has a diesel 6.2 Suburban, and they have been doing this since '82 or '83, they own a mexican eatery, they bought the truck new... one has a BIG chinese restaurant chain, and makes specialized items for distribution to other eaterie's. He has 2 small Mitsubishi box trucks, and has been doing this since '96 or '97. Neither of those has purchased as much as one gallon of diesel fuel, so they say... this cooking leftover stuff is HARD on injection parts, but the cost savings of *free fuel* way outsmarts the costs associated with injection repairs. The last one has a seafood business, and gets his cooking fuel from eating places he delivers fresh fish to, and barter's the cooking fuel oil for fish. The eaterie's don't have to pay to have their *used oil* hauled off, they sell it to truckers instead...

They ALL go through a LOT of filters, however...

JH

DONZI
09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Pretty cool info Jim. Always great to hear 1st hand experience.
Do you think proper filtering of the oil would improve the longevity of the inj. parts(which it looks like they are working on improving) ? Or is it chemical breakdown of the soft goods ? What are you seeing for failures ? I realize its only on limited apps.,but i thought i throw the question out there anyway for curosity sake. Pretty cool to think you could pick up an older diesel veh. and run it for nxt. to zip. If you had some sources for the stuff.I guess they have to pay around here to dispose of the oil.
Curious Ken :biggrin: