PDA

View Full Version : Got a Classic with windshield? You gotta get Windaways

gold-n-rod
09-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Really, these things are by far the best thing I have purchased for my Classic. This testimonial is coming from a very satisfied owner, I have no ties to the company at all.

As you probably know, the Classic windshield is for looks only. On my 16, it even served to channel the wind DIRECTLY into my eyes. I had to have a set of perscription goggles made and that still wasn't ideal.

These Windaways direct the wind up and over and make boating a lot more fun. I can wear just sunglasses and even a hat, if I wish. The best part, I can hear the lovely sound of the thru hull :yippie:

Go to www.windaway.com for more info.

Great customer service, too. I got shorted a part for my 2nd screen and they are shipping it to me right away. Great people and a great product!

donzi182003
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
These things look like they work great. My buddys boat has those flaps molded into the windshield of his 22 from factory. It is amazing what a difference it makes.

Tony
09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Randy, I'm glad you found what you were looking for...and that they work well. Now I want a ride in your 16', real bad! Next summer we will have to make it happen, I would love to take the helm and compare a newer one to mine...maybe you would like to do the same with my '67.

yesyoucan
09-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a set or Wind-aways used one season that I want to sell.I even have a home made cloth bag that holds both when you take them off to keep from scratching them.They are in great condition.Price 60.00 firm plus shipping.That is half price.E-mail or call 706-564-9300

gold-n-rod
09-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Randy, I'm glad you found what you were looking for...and that they work well. Now I want a ride in your 16', real bad! Next summer we will have to make it happen, I would love to take the helm and compare a newer one to mine...maybe you would like to do the same with my '67.

Hey, Tony, thanks. Yes, I'd love to swap boats for a quick spin around the lake. I suspect we'll find the two 16's are a lot alike. For sure, let's do it next summer, either at Torch or Crystal. The offer's still open.

:wavey:

Carl C
09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Yesyoucan, were you unhappy with them? $60 is a good deal and someone should jump on this. Mine work awesome on the AE fairing.