PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X22...You name it...It's got it!

sellsman11
09-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Available at Pier 57. Not trying to step on another dealer's toes. I would be glad to transfer the boat if you have a local dealer that you deal with.

frankie@pier57.com

ChromeGorilla
09-07-2005, 02:22 PM
So what kind of trade do I get for my 2005 22C 496HO under warranty till 2010? :biggrin:

RickSE
09-07-2005, 02:30 PM
I can't believe they copied Blueliner's boat so closely. That sucks. Just missing the stripes down the transom.

Blueliner, Donzi should be paying you royalties for everyone they make. It was your idea in the first place.

gold-n-rod
09-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I love that shiny red showroom floor!!!!!!!!! :biggrin.:

sellsman11
09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
So what kind of trade do I get for my 2005 22C 496HO under warranty till 2010? :biggrin:

Mr. Gorilla,

I would be glad to trade for your boat...shoot me some info.
frankie@pier57.com

blueliner
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM
thanks for ripping of my boat donzi!!!! way to go. i guess my custom order wasn't so custom... anyway, mine is an Aronow Edition, that's right i said it, Aronow Edition and there is only one of those. oooohhhh, it's so scary saying Aronow Edition. i've called donzi about some tech issues and whenever i say i have an AE they say, "you mean the X-22."
Available at Pier 57. Not trying to step on another dealer's toes. I would be glad to transfer the boat if you have a local dealer that you deal with.

frankie@pier57.com

blueliner
09-07-2005, 06:05 PM
chrome, if you get it, i won't feel so bad. let me know if you do...

pmreed
09-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Oh Please...Chrome's just funnin ya. :wink:

Phil

Carl C
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I bought my '05 22C from Frankie @ Pier 57 and everything went well. They got me the financing; took my old boat on trade; and delivered the boat on time. (Frankie - you owe me one):checkered

GEOO
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I'll buy one of them, If the test ride would yield that GPS reading!!!
I've been in a X-18 a couple of times with the same reading.
I've heard that Donzi " X " is reserved for the speedier ones!!! :eek:

Mr X
09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
GEOO.......I was wondering who would notice that first!!!

Keen eye!

Carl C
09-07-2005, 07:27 PM
113 MPH @ 300 RPM:eek!:

Cuda
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Quanto deneiro?

sanleonkid
09-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Quanto deneiro?

I'll guess..... !!!! MUCHO DINEIRO !!!

sellsman11
09-08-2005, 09:17 AM
I'll guess..... !!!! MUCHO DINEIRO !!!

What is your definition on "mucho"?!:redface:

sellsman11
09-08-2005, 09:18 AM
I bought my '05 22C from Frankie @ Pier 57 and everything went well. They got me the financing; took my old boat on trade; and delivered the boat on time. (Frankie - you owe me one):checkered

Your trade is a SCREAMER!! You should see the looks that I get on my lake!! I am glad that you are happy with your Donzi. Let me know if I can ever help!!

Reedy
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
What is the "ballpark" value of the 06 X22, and what are the MPH possibilities?
:hyper:

lmsac00
09-08-2005, 10:13 AM

frankie@pier57.com frankie, how much outright no trade for the the 22x. and also what if i traded my 04 yellow 22 anni.? my donzi is a couple of posts below yours with specs and pics. len

roadtrip se
09-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Please post an asking price on your ad.

Thanks,

Todd

Rules for selling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section is for individuals to sell boats. Businesses/brokers may sell boats here as long as they contact me at scot@donzi.net and get it approved. Each post can contain an ad for only one boat and must contain a photo and asking price. We reserve the right to remove ads that do not conform to these simple guidelines. Thanks

Carl C
09-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Frankie, you're on the ropes now. You've got to post some hard numbers or Scot will delete the thread.:lookaroun

lmsac00
09-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Frankie, you're on the ropes now. You've g!ot to post some hard numbers or Scot will delete the thread.:lookaroun

some figures would be nice !!

RickSE
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes, asking price. I say no ad without an asking price. I always put an asking price on the stuff my dad was selling.

Sick-em Blue. I'll mention this to my dad. Not much we can do now but complain. "OH NO mr. customer we don't want to put stripes on the Aronow/X-22". They could have at least made it a different color.

sellsman11
09-12-2005, 09:22 AM
some figures would be nice !!

The boat lists for $66,623. If you are interested.....I have a discounted price that will close the deal!

Frankie:biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
"OH NO mr. customer we don't want to put stripes on the Aronow/X-22".

Or how about no we won't do a 525 either..... :rolleyes: :wink:

Carl C
09-12-2005, 10:17 AM
The AE has disappeared from Donzi's web site. There used to be a picture of a solid red one.:confused:

blueliner
09-12-2005, 10:45 AM
AE had to be removed because Donzi did not get permission from the Aronow family to use the name for the "aronow edition." hence, it is now called the x-22. furthermore, i am still a little miffed at the fact donzi went ahead and made "my boat" a production model, especially after the extra charges i incurred to make the boat i wanted. i guess the way i look at it is, i have the original version, and the one they have just made is not exactly the same as mine, but it is close. mine is way cooler.
The AE has disappeared from Donzi's web site. There used to be a picture of a solid red one.:confused:

Carl C
09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Interesting. That is f**ked up that they copied your boat, Blue. Have you consulted a lawyer? If that truly is your design then you may be due a royalty.

Greg K
09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
For the life of me, I can't understand why many are upset about this "production model" boat. Donzi will do just about anything you want on the colors and stripes with the classics. Pier 57 probably ordered it this way and so what if it's similar to another one already built.

blueliner
09-12-2005, 11:33 AM
i guess it is beacuse it was a custom ordered boat that they weren't exactly keen on making to begin with(because of the stripe.) The aronow was suppose to be a monochromatic boat and the stripe wasn't part of the color scheme. also, the width of the stripe was an issue as well. thay didn't want it to stray from the anniversary striping, but i told them that it had to be wider to give it a beefer profile. i also wanted two-tone seats (blue/white) and they flat out refused. the whole point of designing a boat for yourself and paying the extra cash for that privelige, is that you have a one of a kind boat. otherwise, i could have waited for an out of the factory production model and paid much less for the boat. custom in my eyes, means custom designed for me. if someone else, designed a graphic scheme, and then donzi used it on another boat, then the customer who provided the graphic should have every right to some kind of compensation, for they took the time to design it, and why should donzi profit from, someone else's work. they should have at least contacted my dealer or me with regards to what they were planning. but, on the otherhad, they didn't contact the aronow family either, and look what happened in that situation; lawsuit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the life of me, I can't understand why many are upset about this "production model" boat. Donzi will do just about anything you want on the colors and stripes with the classics. Pier 57 probably ordered it this way and so what if it's similar to another one already built.

Woodsy
09-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Blueliner...

I do think that imitation is the best form of flattery! Let me state for the record that I am not defending the factory on this...

However...

The blue with the white stripes is not exactly an original idea of yours. It has been popular for a long time and harkens back to the sixties and Carroll Shelby's Cobra.... and he probably ripped it off somebody else! I think Ferrari was running red with white stripes at the time... and Ford wanted their car "Blue".

If you didn't specifically state in your contract that the boat was in fact a one off custom not to be copied or reproduced, or that in some sort of legal mumbo jumbo you have "rights" to that particular design, then I think your way off base complaining that the factory "ripped your idea off".

As for the Aronow name.... you do need permission for that. I am sure Michael Aronow wanted a royalty... and I am just as sure Donzi didn't want to pay it. Now that model is called the X-22.... and I think its a really good looking boat.

Woodsy

blueliner
09-12-2005, 12:35 PM
let me clarify woodsy. i, of course, got the idea from carroll shelby's mustang/cobra. i have owned classic mustangs most of my adult life, and love the color scheme, and modeled it after that. what i am upset about is the fact, that there was a lot of "no" being said and eventually, they agreed to do what i wanted. even the width of the stripes were an issue. with regards, to "ripping off my idea," they most certainly did. it was my idea to put the shelby color scheme on a donzi, not theirs. i did it to pay homage to the shelby muscle cars of the 60's, which is when the classic was originally drawn up. plus, i had to pay extra for a custom boat, instead of it just coming off the assembly line, like a non-custom boat.
Blueliner...

I do think that imitation is the best form of flattery! Let me state for the record that I am not defending the factory on this...

However...

The blue with the white stripes is not exactly an original idea of yours. It has been popular for a long time and harkens back to the sixties and Carroll Shelby's Cobra.... and he probably ripped it off somebody else! I think Ferrari was running red with white stripes at the time... and Ford wanted their car "Blue".

If you didn't specifically state in your contract that the boat was in fact a one off custom not to be copied or reproduced, or that in some sort of legal mumbo jumbo you have "rights" to that particular design, then I think your way off base complaining that the factory "ripped your idea off".

As for the Aronow name.... you do need permission for that. I am sure Michael Aronow wanted a royalty... and I am just as sure Donzi didn't want to pay it. Now that model is called the X-22.... and I think its a really good looking boat.

Woodsy

Greg K
09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
The page is still available... AE (http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Site/Boats/Classic/22classic/22AEpage.html)

sellsman11
09-14-2005, 09:19 AM
OK guys...several emails....numerous phone calls....I still have the boat. Somebody make me a reasonable offer.:biggrin:

Frankie

ChromeGorilla
09-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Seee frankie....you had me until you said "reasonable".......... :biggrin.: Good luck with the boat. It's beautifull....someone will grab it.

sellsman11
09-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Seee frankie....you had me until you said "reasonable".......... :biggrin.: Good luck with the boat. It's beautifull....someone will grab it.

You're right....what was I thinking? "Reasonable" and "Classic" is kinda like an oxymoron isn't it!!!:D :D

Dregsz
09-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Blueliner, You aren't the only one they ripped off. They obviously saw my rear hatch scoop and stole the Idea.

Streamlined it down a little because if their boat was going to have as big a scoop as mine it would really need to be extra fast, and then stole your color scheme.

It's a Conspiracy against the D-netters

joseph m. hahnl
09-15-2005, 07:30 PM
do the words copy write mean any thing. technicaly they made it they own it.
to bad you paid extra. but think of it as, you want that when "now" well that'll cost you extra. who would have known they'd come out with it standard . but here's another food for thought. that's the one they F'd up and knew you would'nt like it so they made another one."yours" oh that makes me feel worse that means yours came second.:shocking: okay forget i said that.
you like yours better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! thats reason enough to justify paying more.

joe

ps they use that stripe on the dodge viper. don't they?

blueliner
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
can anyone please decipher this message. i can't find my "enigma" machine at the moment, i seem to have misplaced it...
do the words copy write mean any thing. technicaly they made it they own it.
to bad you paid extra. but think of it as, you want that when "now" well that'll cost you extra. who would have known they'd come out with it standard . but here's another food for thought. that's the one they F'd up and knew you would'nt like it so they made another one."yours" oh that makes me feel worse that means yours came second.:shocking: okay forget i said that.
you like yours better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! thats reason enough to justify paying more.

joe

ps they use that stripe on the dodge viper. don't they?

lmsac00
09-15-2005, 08:25 PM
can anyone please decipher this message. i can't find my "enigma" machine at the moment, i seem to have misplaced it...

WOWWWWWWWWW, lets move on!!!!!!!!!!next!!!!!!!!!!:smileybo:

Mr X
09-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Blueliner, You aren't the only one they ripped off. They obviously saw my rear hatch scoop and stole the Idea.

Streamlined it down a little because if their boat was going to have as big a scoop as mine it would really need to be extra fast, and then stole your color scheme.

It's a Conspiracy against the D-netters

Sorry to "BURST" your bubble, All of my pioneering ideas and designs were "ripped off". Long before the FIRST SE was ever even thought about!
And you know I am happy about it!! It was an honor for me to work there
and have the opportunity to do it!

blueliner
09-15-2005, 08:56 PM
why is everyone blowing this out of proportion??? unless someone else ordered a custom boat, that was to be one of a kind, and then had the company, take that idea and make it a production model, when clearly the aronow/ x-22 was to be a "monochromatic" boat, i don't think anyone can chime in with a point of reference. anyway, what kind of external hyd steering. do you have on her?? i am looking to do it to my boat in the off season and have heard a lot about latham and imco.
Sorry to "BURST" your bubble, All of my pioneering ideas and designs were "ripped off". Long before the FIRST SE was ever even thought about!
And you know I am happy about it!! It was an honor for me to work there
and have the opportunity to do it!

Mr X
09-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I was addressing his comment about the scoop......not direactly commenting on your situation. I do agree with you and your point of view.

Latham, it is a little tricky to do it right. I will be gald to help you when your ready to do it. I do not like the Imco.

roadtrip se
09-15-2005, 10:03 PM
If you guys want to take your feelings about the design, look, and feel of this boat to another forum, feel free... BUT, someone is trying to sell a boat on this thread.

Relax, would ya?

Thanks!

Carl C
09-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Frankie won't have any trouble selling this boat. It's been posted at www.pier57.com (http://www.pier57.com/) He did give the Donzi Registry first crack at it.:chillpill