PDA

View Full Version : First time Donzi buyer needs help.

LaserWolf
09-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi, I am new to this site and the boating community. My dad and I are looking to buy a 2002 22' classic, red 500 hp, with a good trailer or newer model. We aren't rich and are looking to save as much money as possible. We live by lake Tahoe in California. Does anybody know what dealer has the best deals on new boats. How much is MSRP for a boat like this brand new. What would be the best way to find a used one from a private party and how much should I pay. Thanks a lot for your help.

DonCig
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Please give me a call tomorrow and I will try to help you. I do not have any boats for sale. I recently wanted to buy my dad a 22' Donzi so I have some fresh information.

Don Tamm
303-478-2679

markdonzi
09-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Speaking from my experience, I would look on this site and Boat Trader along with local boat magazines. The price for a new boat nowadays in my opinion is not worth it. But if you have the money and need new. The X22 in the for sale section is a WOW boat. Myself I like the older classics. The benefits of fuel injection are nice. Not sure what year that started with ,but fuel economy is better and starting is a breeze.
As an example I just purchased a 87 Minx that was 43,000 new for $15,000.
In great shape and runs great. I would also look to purchase from an individual not a dealer, usually lower price. Try to find someone who seems a little anal when it comes to their boats (like me) and then you know it was probably taken care of. Good luck and remember." Donzi not just a destination but a dream".

markdonzi :biggrin:

jeffaf
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
We have a '94 22 classic that used to be up at Lake Tahoe. It has a Mercruiser 454 EFI bravo 1 and it did 65 up in the high altitude.

We now keep in the Delta and we get over 70 mph.

I think the guy we bought it from purchased the boat new in Colorado and trailed it to CA.

I think buying a used one is wise. The only problem with buying from this web-site is that most of the posts are east coast. You could spend money to have it shipped if you got a great deal.

I would call the guy that replied from CO. He probably knows more than I do.

Give me a call if you would like to talk. I am very familiar with the Lake Tahoe area. 510-433-4204.

jskvi
09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey Guy,
I know it's not a 500, but i got a 2001 454 385 hp for sale. In Florida, she's in great condition, and runs real strong. Also has a lot more enjoyment in her, give me a yell, we can talk price cause you need to ship. Let me know,
thanx,
jim

sellsman11
09-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi, I am new to this site and the boating community. My dad and I are looking to buy a 2002 22' classic, red 500 hp, with a good trailer or newer model. We aren't rich and are looking to save as much money as possible. We live by lake Tahoe in California. Does anybody know what dealer has the best deals on new boats. How much is MSRP for a boat like this brand new. What would be the best way to find a used one from a private party and how much should I pay. Thanks a lot for your help.

I would be glad to help you in anyway. I do have a new X22 in inventory but would also be glad to offer advise on a used boat that you have in mind.

Frankie McSwain
frankie@pier57.com
731-689-4000

lmsac00
09-15-2005, 03:03 PM
i have a 2004 anniversary edition 22 classic yellow in color with the most sought after motor 496/425H.P. only 65hours roughly, on a matching 2005 performance trailer done the same as the boat. if you scroll down a few posts you will see it. lookin for 39900.00, my number is 1- 781-953-2297

jsten
09-25-2005, 01:40 PM

You can try Boattrader.com for listings. NADAguides.com has a boats tab that will give you info re pricing - they tend to be low reflecting bank loan values; BUCnet.com also has boat listing and value tabs and reflect current trade values. Finally for 22 footers you may find additional availability at yachtworld.com. I've found iboats.com to have more late model listings, boattrader more older boat listings. eBay is a last resort - let the buyer beware. Had some guy try to scam me in Indianapolis last spring. Local sellers would be the only way I'd work a trade there or an escrow agent with contingency for inspection and survey. Happy huntinghttp://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif js