PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player

Lenny
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Why does it no longer work for me??? All my music in (my Music) no longer plays, looks like it does but there is no volume, yet WMP will open email junk and run fine with it?

I did a download (Winmx) yesterday, and it is complete but also, I can not play it yet it appears to be doing so.

DVD and CD's work fine in the machine?

hmmmmmmm.

txtaz
09-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Lenny, Depeding on your sound board you may have several places to look. What you are looking for is a mixer type program that allows you to adjust volumn settings for different devices and file types. Also make sure the device/file is checked so that it plays.
On my laptop, I have an icon on the taskbar that looks like a speaker. I click it and the mixer comes up.
Try that and let me know if you have any more problems.
Wes

Lenny
09-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Wes, little speaker thing is at max. I will look at the other programs now. read that "find" ) Thanx ;) CD's and DVD's and sounds work fine. :(

Lenny
09-06-2005, 12:47 PM
BINGO :) I downloaded WMP10 from Microsoft again and then went to "add/remove programs" and (XP) got rid of a bunch of Quick-time stuff and such.

Just went back to "my music" and all is good now :)

Thanx

txtaz
09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Good deal Lenny.
Happy tunage

McGary911
09-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I've found both Quicktime and RealPlayer love to grab all of your file associations during the install. I always go back and make sure to normalize them.

I had the same problem on my dad's computer, and reinstalling WMP fixed it for him.