PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi? Gaffrig?

Bob
09-05-2005, 11:16 PM
I've seen Livorsi gauges and Gaffrig by Livorsi. What should I get? What's the difference?

Trueser
09-06-2005, 09:47 AM
My Livorsi gauges are made by Autometer. They even have the Autometer name on them. I used them on my 22 and they are great.

I would use them again.

knots2u
09-06-2005, 10:54 AM
So Livorsi does not make the gauges? Are the original Gaffrigs made by Autometer?

Sweet18
09-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Are manufactured by Livorsi or Gaffrig. Both companies have always bought a particular gauge manufactured by an actual gauge manufacturer, and then private labeled them. What does this mean? Well, you too, can place a blanket order to an O.E.M.(original equipment manufacturer), of say 500 or 1000 gauges,...and they will make them any color or colors you desire, & when you provide the artwork of your own design for the dial, they will also include that. Gauge producing companies over the years, such as: AutoMeter, Beede, Stewart-Warner, Faria, Medallion, etc...have private labeled gauges to boat manufacturers & aftermarket gauge companies for resale, for 50 years or more. Different function gauges are usually not sourced all from one company either, as most gauge manufacturers don't make every marine function gauge needed. So some of Livorsi's gauges(& Gaffrigs) come from different vendors. As far as quality goes, in my opinion, they are all about the same. They are only as good as the company that is marketing them & their warranty. "Gaffrig Performance Industries" is the original Gaffrig Co. & has excellent customer service & warranty. Their gauges say Gaffrig on the face. Livorsi's gauges say Livorsi on the face. It's personal preference. Hope this helps. Sweet18

Sweet18
09-07-2005, 08:18 AM
"Boater's World" stepped up to the pump & now stocks, in all their retail stores(and in their catalog) the Gaffrig Performance gauges. Fair prices & great customer service. If you don't have a store in your area, you can have them mail you their catalog on-line. Sweet18

gcarter
09-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I bought a set of used Gaffrig Monster gauges, which included a liquid filled speedometer. That speedo is the most accurate pitot operated gauge I've seen. It consistantly reads within 2 MPH of GPS. You can't beat it for the price. These particular gauges would now be Livorsi as Gaffrig doesn't seem to offer the Monster line.

VinV
09-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Depth gauge was replaced and the speedo is on the 3rd one with no resolution so far.

2005 Classic

BaldEagle
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I have 06 Lavorsi guages in my 18. The speedo is liquid filled. They all function well. The speedo is 2-3 mph off of the gps but keep in mind that a gps does not compensate for vertical speed like going over waves. It simply measures speed over ground in only one horizontal plane.
BE

gold-n-rod
09-09-2005, 09:37 PM
The speedo is 2-3 mph off of the gps but keep in mind that a gps does not compensate for vertical speed like going over waves. It simply measures speed over ground in only one horizontal plane.
BE

Umm, you lost me here, Baldy. Are you trying to say that you gain speed going down a 2 foot wave?!?!?!?!? Doesn't speed scrub off going up that same 2' wave?

"Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do."