PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Bluewater charts...

ChromeGorilla
09-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Does someone have a Bluewater chart CD for either the Florida eastcoast and/or the gulf coast for tampa and points south they would be willing to lend me. I will in return be willing to lend my US Recreational Lake/Rivers East (with fishing hotspots) CD in return. Anyone? :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, someone has pony'ed up the East coast CD....anyone good for the Gulf coast charts?

florida gator
09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
I thought they could only be used once??

Mr X
09-08-2005, 10:14 PM
That is correct, the software will program a chip or GPS....... to ONE garmin GPS unit with a registered serial number.

ChromeGorilla
09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
How is that? I just brought my Rec Lakes CD ROM over my friends house last weekend. Loaded it on his computer and it works. It works 100%. I will gladly send my Rec Lake CD to any one who would like to see for themselves.

Mr X
09-08-2005, 10:31 PM
How is that? I just brought my Rec Lakes CD ROM over my friends house last weekend. Loaded it on his computer and it works. It works 100%. I will gladly send my Rec Lake CD to any one who would like to see for themselves.

The "Bluewater" Charts are totally different.
Go to www.garmin.com (http://www.garmin.com/) and look at the section Mapsource unlock.
I have a "waterways and Lights" cd I could burn you.
It has some good info on it. Just not as deatiled as the bluchart.

ChromeGorilla
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
If you personally own two Garmin GPS units, you are allowed to obtain a second unlock code for the same region for your own personal use at no additional charge. Simply repeat the unlock process for the second unit. No more than two GPS units may be unlocked with the purchase of a single unlock code.

From the websote. I thought I had heard of being able to do it with 2 units.

MR. X, that would be very kind of you to burn that CD for me, would you? I'll mail ya a blank CD in return.

Mr X
09-08-2005, 10:38 PM
From the websote. I thought I had heard of being able to do it with 2 units.

It does not work the way you are thinking.......
Once you register the software to work with one or two units.......it marrys to those units for life.
Trust me, I own 3 Garmin units and have been thru it for HOURS on the phone with their TOP people.
Chrome, email me your mailing address. I will burn one tomorrow and send it to you.
It is a pretty good CD......it has all the markers on it and other good stuff.

tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

ChromeGorilla
09-08-2005, 10:42 PM
OK, no problem. Thanks for the info. I still have Rec lakes if anyone would like it...after onesub though........

Mr X
09-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Chrome, email me your mailing address. I will burn one tomorrow and send it to you.
It is a pretty good CD......it has all the markers on it and other good stuff.

tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

florida gator
09-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Is the Rec lakes for all US? I may be interested.

Mr X, what does the waterways and lights add to the bluchart software? I thought it has all of that stuff.

ChromeGorilla
09-10-2005, 11:30 AM
The CD I have contains most river and lakes from the Mississippi to the east coast.

Mr X
09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Scott, did you get it??

Rootsy
09-15-2005, 07:02 AM
i donno ted... i have garmin bluewater charts and it works on my mulitple GPS' :wink: :wink: and i believe it is for the entire eastern US... :yes:

I also have the topo maps of the entire US... lakes and streams would be kick arse...

Mr X
09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
i donno ted... i have garmin bluewater charts and it works on my mulitple GPS' :wink: :wink: and i believe it is for the entire eastern US... :yes:

I also have the topo maps of the entire US... lakes and streams would be kick arse...
I DO know Jamie. I depends what Version "Bluewater" CD you have.

http://www.garmin.com/unlock/

If you are interisted, click on the above link and read all about it.

Rootsy
09-15-2005, 08:58 AM
I DO know Jamie. I depends what Version "Bluewater" CD you have.

http://www.garmin.com/unlock/

If you are interisted, click on the above link and read all about it.

thanks for the enlightenment ted :)

Mr X
09-15-2005, 09:52 AM
So..........whats it gonna cost me to get a copy of YOUR "Bluechart" CD?? :eek:
How about a trade for a copy of my "US Waterways and Lights nav aids" CD ??

Ranman
09-15-2005, 10:58 AM
All of the Garmin software including Bluecharts can be loaded to a PC with out issue and manipulated using Mapsource. The unlock codes is what allows you to actually load the MAP DATA to the Garmin GPS unit. I purchased City Select 6 for my 276C so I could load the enhanced city street data and turn-by-turn driving directions directly to the GPS unit. The City Select is also loaded to my PC.

I "acquired" the Bluechart software and have also installed it to my PC, however, without the unlock codes, I cannot install Bluecharts to the GPS unit. The Bluecharts on the PC are still helpful though. I use the PC / Bluecharts to create all of my routes and waypoints and simply load that data to the GPS (without the maps). All I really care about are good routes and waypoints. I have been able to live without that actual Bluechart cartography on the unit. Sometimes I'll sit on the PC and study the Bluecharts of my favorite boating areas just to get more familiar with what;s out these. Make sense?

Mr X
09-15-2005, 12:34 PM
All of the Garmin software including Bluecharts can be loaded to a PC with out issue and manipulated using Mapsource. The unlock codes is what allows you to actually load the MAP DATA to the Garmin GPS unit. I purchased City Select 6 for my 276C so I could load the enhanced city street data and turn-by-turn driving directions directly to the GPS unit. The City Select is also loaded to my PC.

I "acquired" the Bluechart software and have also installed it to my PC, however, without the unlock codes, I cannot install Bluecharts to the GPS unit. The Bluecharts on the PC are still helpful though. I use the PC / Bluecharts to create all of my routes and waypoints and simply load that data to the GPS (without the maps). All I really care about are good routes and waypoints. I have been able to live without that actual Bluechart cartography on the unit. Sometimes I'll sit on the PC and study the Bluecharts of my favorite boating areas just to get more familiar with what;s out these. Make sense?

Thanks Randy......makes perfect sense!!

My City NAVIGATOR would not zoom in closer than the 20 mile scale on my PC untill I unlocked the software on my PC.......I think it said something like "map detail locked".
Weird huh??