PDA

View Full Version : Great day on Greenwood Lake today!

TuxedoPk
09-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Woke up early this morning and took a few friends out sailing on Greenwood Lake. As we were beating upwind at 4 knots or so we saw Kenny's Cig come flying down the lake. Another hour or so later a beautiful orange Donzi 16 came barreling down. Exchanged a few cell calls with Matty and were able to catch up with all 3 by late afternoon.

I've really come to enjoy blow boating but watching the 3 take off today as I motored back at WOT (5-6 knots) reminded me why I purchased my Donzis in the first place. Looking forward to Lake George next weekend and some speed!

DONZI
09-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Congratulations Tux on yur sailing venture.
Here's some pic's from Newport yesteday.Ya think it was easy gettin through them. :eek!:
Hope to see ya at L.G..

TuxedoPk
09-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Ken,

Looking forward to seeing you up at LG next week. Greenwood was fun but sailing in a Catalina 25 on a small lake didn't compare to sailing from Newport or my last trip sailing from CT to Maine under a full moon doing 9+ knots with a Spinnaker at 2am...that sail was one I'll remember for a long time.

But so much for sailing as slow as Democrats describing FEMA's response, it's time for some speed and air next weekend. Let's just hope for good weather and none of them damn sailboats getting in our way!

mattyboy
09-05-2005, 08:21 AM
yup Tux was good meeting up with you but in the future can you get a red stripe on the sail like a donzi so we don't have to terrorize blowboat on the lake "nope not him how bout that one"
2 things are true when you have a 20 cig an 18 and a 16 circling a sailboat
one your reputation is gonna go to hell
and two the lake patrol takes more of an interest in you :p

here are a few shots still working on Mattyboy's Labor day tribute
the orange 16 Tux saw Now I hope Tux wasn't calling my boat orange
the crew on the flote boat at the end of the day and some new found mystery boat???

kjly63
09-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Matty,

What a great weekend on the Lake. I'll try and get all the pics we took on a disc today for ya.

Good to meet ya Tux........got to get out of the sailboat and back into a Donzi thou. It is a pain in the !@^% to get around sailboats on a windy day. They travel alot faster than you would think.

Kenny

mattyboy
09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Kenny the pics came out great but they are HUGE!!!!!
hers are a few I resized