PDA

View Full Version : Enfine compartment lights

gcarter
09-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I need a source for engine compartment lights with integral on-off switch.
Can anyone help?

Dr. Dan
09-02-2005, 09:58 PM
:beer: George...As I recall Rick Ryan did a very nice install when he put his new V-6 in his 22.

I think he had some lights too.

Doc :spongebob

Dalelama
09-03-2005, 07:44 AM
George,

Install the lights of your choice...... FUSED of course,
then add a limit switch (normally closed) to a location where the arm will activate the switch when the hatch is lifted.

Another solution would be to place a "pin" switch in the drain trough of the hatch, with the pin protruding up to the edge of the hatch... problem here is the switch HAS TO BE SEALED... or it wont last past the first splash!

joseph m. hahnl
09-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I need a source for engine compartment lights with integral on-off switch.
Can anyone help?

george :i have mine hitched up to my accessory rocker switch in my minx wich i beleive was the former chart light rocker switch." i don't have a chart light"

joe

gcarter
09-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Yep, Joe that's always an option.
But since it mounts right next to the battery switch, I would like to just come off the switch and use an in-line fuse.

Dale, that's a wonderful idea if you wanted the light to come on every time the hatch is opened, but that really wasn't my goal.

BUIZILLA
09-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Camper's World...

if they don't have it, you don't need it

MOP
09-04-2005, 10:13 PM
George I see quite a few small fluorescent lights being used in the bilge, they don't use as much juice as an incandescent bulb and are easier on the eyes.

Phil

RickR
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM
g,
I used an exterior stainless dome light. Installed a toggle switch on the bottom one fixture that controls both.