PDA

View Full Version : What racial inequality?

TuxedoPk
09-02-2005, 08:50 AM
I found this interesting...

rustnrot
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Interesting. However I think the comparisons to a quicker "rescue" in Kennebunkport vs. New Orleans are unfounded. Our inept "government" would fail there as well.

MOP
09-02-2005, 09:49 AM
The racial connotation is total BS it is stemming from the frustration that all of these poor folks are having to endure, just watching the news it is more than clear that there are people of all races and colors trapped in this situation. We have to remember that New Orleans is more then racially unbalanced so you it does look bad, but in reality racial motivated is a very untrue The people of the Gulf Coast and we as a nation are all in this togther. We are learning a very hard lesson about our Gov planning and follow through!
Just a few minutes ago the Mayor of New Orleans came on the air to commend the General who finally showed up as taking real action, he got off his helicopter and started cussing and giving commands, finally maybe we will see things start to come together.

Phil

Marlin275
09-02-2005, 10:01 AM
They call it looting when people need food and water with orders to shoot to kill.
Then they show police breaking in to stores to get "supplies" and thats OK.
The police say they are keeping an account of it all, wink, wink.

It's different if you steal a flat screen TV or food and water.
The food will rot before the insurance companies pay for the loss.

18FOOTER
09-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree with Poodle 100%
Food, water, diapers,basic needs... It aint stealing IMO...

ANYTHING else... Ventilate the bastards foreheads..... :fire:

joel3078
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
They call it looting when people need food and water with orders to shoot to kill.
Then they show police breaking in to stores to get "supplies" and thats OK.
The police say they are keeping an account of it all, wink, wink.

It's different if you steal a flat screen TV or food and water.
The food will rot before the insurance companies pay for the loss.

Man and all this time I thought all cops were honest and uphold the law. NOT!. I dated a chick for a few months that was a sheriff deputy. Those guys drink more and smoke more drugs when they are off duty then anyone else I know. There is always some drug slippage (slight reduction from original amount) from the evidence room that seems to go unoticed. Ya wanna here cops lie through there teeth, go to some court hearings for traffic tickets if you are a witness to the event. Bottom line is humans know what they can get away with and modify their behavior accordingly.

Walt. H.
09-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Joel,

I knew an Italian guy that was connected= Mafia wink, wink. Does that mean all Italians are members of a crime family? I think not!!!
So don't condemn all cops just because you dated one, there are assholes in every profession.

Gearhead99
09-04-2005, 03:58 PM
As MadPoodle stated...taking food, water, medical supplies, diapers, etc. That I understand.

But why would you steal TV's, VCR's, Flat Screens, Microwaves?? One your house is destroyed and two there isn't any electricity to plug them in too !!!

That's just being a criminal and New Orleans sure has plenty of them. Police badge doesn't change that either.

joel3078
09-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Joel,

I knew an Italian guy that was connected= Mafia wink, wink. Does that mean all Italians are members of a crime family? I think not!!!
So don't condemn all cops just because you dated one, there are assholes in every profession.

Yah I know Walt. Met some good cops also that have helped me out over the years. And there are assholes in every profession. My boss isn't Italian or a cop, but he is an asshole. :yes: