PDA

View Full Version : Where's the world aid?

TuxedoPk
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
Having spent so much time in Gulfport and Biloxi I'll admit I'm a bit fixated watching all the news coverage of Katrina. What has been noticably missing is the offer of aid from foreign countries. Has anyone else noticed this?

gcarter
08-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Yep, but are we really surprised?

MOP
08-31-2005, 09:32 PM
That has been on my mind all day, I sent emails to the major news networks but nothing is being said. Real Bull ****! We are the savers of many and the forgotten when in need. This can and I believe will put a major hurt on our economy, our leaders need to reassess our ever giving foreign policies. There has not been one word mentioned even about condolences from other nations!

MOP

Ed Donnelly
08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Canada is shipping medical supplies. And hydro workers from 3 provinces are are their way down.....Ed

rustnrot
08-31-2005, 09:43 PM
It's only been two days. If you recall it took the Dubya 3 days to respond (another vacation was interrupted!) to the tsunami last December well after the death toll had reached into the tens of thousands.

gold-n-rod
08-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, a token effort would be nice. No one expects that the po' folk would send money up the hill when the rich doctor's house burned (he's insured, after all) but a gesture of good wishes should be order.

Mebbe we've burned too many bridges.

mattyboy
08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
!@#$ the world!!! I hope all will now relize charity starts at home, it is time to call in our markers, let the world defend them selves, and take care of our own, what did you expect the french or chinese to come and help

gold-n-rod
08-31-2005, 09:51 PM
!@#$ the world!!! I hope all will now relize charity starts at home, it is time to call in our markers, let the world defend them selves, and take care of our own, what did you expect the french or chinese to come and help

In a way, China DID help.WalMart donated $1 mil to the relief effort today....

I have to admit that it does make sense to recall our troops from Europe, Asia, etc. to assist at home. Doesn't someone (in the former USSR) want us the hell out? We could use that assistance in the Gulf Coast right now.

TuxedoPk
09-01-2005, 06:27 AM
what did you expect the french or chinese to come and help

It only takes 25 minutes to get Chinese food delivered, it takes FEMA days. How much effort would it have taken to air drop some egg rolls over the coast? :jestera:

Rootsy
09-01-2005, 06:59 AM
In a way, China DID help.WalMart donated $1 mil to the relief effort today....

I have to admit that it does make sense to recall our troops from Europe, Asia, etc. to assist at home. Doesn't someone (in the former USSR) want us the hell out? We could use that assistance in the Gulf Coast right now.

gee wiz a whole million dollars from like the biggest corporation on the face of the earth or something like that.. hell you'd figure those oil companies with their billions in capital could at least help out a little... but you don't hear a single stinkin word...

and yes screw the rest of the world... maybe someone needs to tell those ungrateful bastards around the world that we cannot send anymore food or money... we have Louisiana and Mississippi to take care of right now... we'll get back with you later..

Woodsy
09-01-2005, 07:08 AM
The crazy dictator in Venezuala that Pat Robertson wants dead offered quite a bit of help in the way of refining & shipping oil & gas...... I heard they own Citgo. Anyway I thought it was a pretty good gesture on his part.

Woodsy

Ranman
09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Bush said this morning that he is not expecting any offers of help from foreign sources. It sounds like he is somewhat discouraging the thought of someone else helping us. He goes on to say we will take care of the hurricane relief ourselves and continue to fight our 4 billion dollar a month war. Clearly, the United Sattes is made of gold. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MOP
09-01-2005, 09:39 AM
The Prez was interviewed this morning by Diane Sawyer she asked about help from other countries! The Prez said we have not asked and we have enough resources to handle it. Hmmm the world has been sucking up out tax dollars for years, the time has come for us to only help those that at the least try to reciprecate.

Phil

rustnrot
09-01-2005, 11:28 AM
We truly are the World Police and Caretakers! World Domination and a tax cut all in one package!!

Islander
09-01-2005, 11:48 AM

Completely agree. The hell with those ingrates.

mattyboy
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
My plan would be a little more Sonny Corleone style

1. round up every illegal alien and conviscate all of their belongings then redistribute to the needy in the gulf coast and deport the aliens smack em in the back of the head and say if I see u here again aahfinoooot!!

2. pay a visit to the countries that owe us money over 90 days grab them by their ankles and hang them over the highest landmark in their country til they buck up

3. tell all our friends and enemies and countries that don't pay up to watch closely what happens in Iraq. Then pull out of Iraq immediately with all of our brave service men and women leaving all of our equipment behind tanks, helos, planes and then turn on iljazeera and watch those bastards jumping up and down in a victory dance on top of our stuff then setoff the 50 gillion ton Norman Zwartzkopf kiss my ass you sum bitches NUKE plated in a tank and make that POS place a crater!!! then send out your holiday greetings cards to the world leaders saying sitdonnashutup!!!!
4.tell the world protection is available but it's gonna cost you 10 points plus the vig, cash up front US dollars only !!

Think I'm kidding :fire: It's not business it's strictly personal

my prayers to all affected by this tragedy :frown:

donzi182003
09-01-2005, 12:10 PM
f.@# em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ribbon: We will never forget!

Moody Blu'
09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
your all being to harsh,

we should have just dropped the bomb on them damn easterners

gcarter
09-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Back to my #2 post, I'm not surprised.
Go all the way back to our raids in North Africa on the Barbary Pirates. These guys had been a scourge against the Western World for centuries, but we got no thanks for putting an end to them.
The Spanish American War , Cuba and the Philllipines,...How could anyone call us "Imperialists" after setting up all those independant countries?
We saved the collective butts of Europe in WW I, again in WW II the butts of Europe and the far East.
South Koria is another example!!!
I remember the earthquakes in Kobe Japan when the Japanese government couldn't deal with it themsrlves, we saved them once again.
It's not a matter of us having "burned bridges", that idea is a bit short sided historically.
Instead, we're the rich uncle uncle everyone dispises because he made all the right investments, lived right, went to church, helped his neighbors, was generous beyond all measure.
Then when he has a problem, his friends and family smirk to themselves and say "He must deserve this"
Guys, we'll never get any help, from anyone, except Canada.

gcarter
09-02-2005, 06:06 AM
Look at what I just found.....
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050901/D8CBOK60B.html

Hmmmmm, I guess all is not lost. Sometimes it just takes awhile.

rustnrot
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
3 days. It took 3 days after the crisis for us to accept aid. That is exactly how long it took Dubya to interrupt his vacation last December and promise aid to the Tsunami Victims!!

Darrell
09-02-2005, 08:59 AM
I am glad to see more countries offering aid today, as the president said yesterday we have not asked for any, I think some countries are slow to think the the richest and most powerful country in the world would need outside help or even accept it. I think some countries see the hundreds of billions we are spending to liberate and rebuild Iraq and think that we can handle it just fine on our on. I would like to think that the people around the world would step-up and send money to FEMA, Red Cross, etc. Because last year it was the American people not the American Goverment that sent the most aid to the Tsunami victims

Gearhead99
09-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Just remember all the "help" we got when they are in need again. And you know they will need "Our Aid" again.

pierre
09-07-2005, 09:10 AM
FYI, about 90 countries have offered (and delivered) some help already. Even Bengladesh and Afghanistan (2 of the poorest countries in the world) have sent money to the USA!!!

While the US administration promised to deliver about 30 millions barrels of fuel from its strategic reserves, Europe offered 60 millions barrels from its strategic reserves.

During this time, the USA keep spending 5 billions USD per month for the war in Irak.

Go figure...

--Pierre