PDA

View Full Version : Photo of Katrina storm surge in Pensacola

p729lws
08-30-2005, 10:34 PM
The first photo was taken from the canal looking at the back of the house during a normal high tide. The next photo was taken from the deck and I'm standing on the sea wall as Katrina was making landfall in Mississippi. No water in the house this time so we're happy campers. :)
Dan

p729lws
08-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Here are a couple more. I need to sart picking landscaping based on how well it lives under salt water for a few hours at a time. :biggrin:
Dan

Lenny
08-30-2005, 11:48 PM
unreal :eek:

p729lws
09-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I was glad to be "between Donzi's" for this storm as that was one less issue to deal with. That way I could concentrate on comsuming Hurricanes instead of securing the boat! :beer:

I sold my 18C a few weeks ago and am picking up a 22C this weekend :yippie:
Dan

boldts
09-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Dan, glad you and your family made it through the storm safely. We play CNN all day at work and the scenes from New Orleans are just unbelievable. The reporters seem to talk more about the looting than the saving of lives. Heck, they say that people there to help can't go into the city with-out being under guard from law enforcement for fear of people attacking them.

I don't agree with people taking advantage of a terrible situation, but I also can understand desperate people doing desperate things to feed and clothe their families. My prayers go out to anyone and everyone who has been touched by Katrina. Like 911, they deserve all America can do for it's own.