PDA

View Full Version : Just got the call

need for speed
08-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Just got the call i have been waiting on for a few long weeks.. My new Myco trailer is ready for pick up Thurs !!!! can't wait!!! :rlol:

Dr. Dan
08-30-2005, 10:41 PM
:spongebob Congrats...you might wanna touch base with Undertaker and see if he has any recomendations to Inspect For prior to signing off...just a thought. Cable vs. Strap, Chains sized for Top Guns ilo. a 22 Classic, ...

Did ya go Torsion or Spring? :beer:

Anonymous :spongebob

undertaker
08-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Need, I love my MYCO great fit and finish the only two MINOR things I did not care for was the winch has a HEAVY DUTY cable instead of a strap personally not a big fan of cable on the winch not a big deal but I am anal :smash: oh well, and second thing was the chains on the trailer are WAY over kill IMO they are the same chains they use on there triple axle 15,000 pound trailers :eek: again no big deal both items can be changed if need be . I know MYCO does overkill on there stuff. Good luck with the new trailer you will love it. Its worth every penny IMO. :biggrin:

Undertaker 2005 MYCO custom steel painted (Red) trailer :biggrin:

need for speed
08-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks.. yeah not crazy about a cable but that is what they r using on all the big trailers.. o well i can change it if it gets bad..

will post some pic before i load the boat on it!! :wink:

got Torsion :pimp:

need for speed
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
well this is it... !!

roadtrip se
09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
who stole my trailer and took it back to florida?

need for speed
09-01-2005, 02:25 PM
talk about chains .. dam .. the chains they had on the trailer when i picked it up whould not reach my truck:(... they put other ones on.. and dam.. these r the ones u must have been talking about.. they are so big :bonk: ! .. :bonk:

in the lot they had one more 22 trailer. ummmm who is getting that one??? same trailer...

need for speed
09-01-2005, 04:57 PM
any idea where or what kind of lock i am going to have to use on this to lock it to my truck.? not like the other kind where u can put a reg lock on ..umm????

o yea just look at those chains.. :)

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Charles, that is the same hitch I have. A regular lock will work, you just need a little bit longer shank on it. I will take a picture tommorrow and show you what I use.

need for speed
09-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Thank you !! :wink:

Moody Blu'
09-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Charles, that is the same hitch I have. A regular lock will work, you just need a little bit longer shank on it. I will take a picture tommorrow and show you what I use.
yes thats what im using on my trailer

need for speed
09-04-2005, 10:57 AM
used it today works great!! :biggrin.:

Cuda
09-04-2005, 11:03 AM
NFS, I agree that a strap is easier to deal with, but I had one cut itself off from rubbing against the drum of the winch. It did it while I was towing a 26 foot cabin cruiser UP the Skyway Bridge. Needless to say, that was a less than pleasant experience.

Cuda
09-04-2005, 11:14 AM
All my trailers won't take a standard lock. The diameter of the hole is smaller. I bought this trailer lock. It comes with a long bushing you can take off for the smaller holes like all of my trailers have. I think I bought it at Boater's World, or something like that. I'm pretty sure Walmart has them too.

Cuda
09-04-2005, 11:23 AM
I order em in keyed alike for my trailers. Stock them in regular keyed versions for others, but I like having one key for my trailer locks vs seven....
I hear you Scott. To avoid all those keys, I have one lock for seven trailers. :(

Cuda
09-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Oops, make that eight trailers. Which reminds me, I have to buy tags for all the trailers, boats, and trucks this month. :(

need for speed
09-04-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah I would have liked to have seen a better coupler.. i was thinking for sure they would put somthing good on it!! my fault.. should have asked for a good one when i ordered it but thinking it was a myco thinks should be ok.. :).. i had a better coupler on my rocket :rolleyes: o well the rest of the trailer is great i love it..

undertaker
09-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Need, looks sweet..... :D :D , you have the same chains are me they are heavy duty :eek: :eek: .

Poodle, I agree bad coupler never had that type on my other trailers. You would think Myco would put different ones on there trailers. Although I have had no problems so far..

Undertaker :D