PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk surface drives (dual prop)

slendzion
08-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Need opinions, I dont know much about them and may be purchasing a 22 Blackhawk with one. H E L P

Woodsy
08-30-2005, 10:53 AM
The BH drives are no longer in production. If you can find a spare drive scarf it up. The internals are pretty much available, with the exception being the vertical driveshaft. The case is NLA. Spare props are getting somewhat scarce too.

The BH is an awesome drive. If your getting a 22 Classic BH have fun.... but be careful. They are NOT A BEGINNERS BOAT. Once you master how to drive one its awesome... but mastery takes seat time. They tend to porpoise alot at slower speeds requiring the use of alot of trim tab. At WOT they are very fast & loose... an awesome boat to be sure... but be careful!

Woodsy

Mr X
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
FYI.......I have a few Blackhawk drives available if you need one.

my email is: tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

Pismo
09-01-2005, 06:49 PM
The blackhawk drive can be easily replaced with a standard Bravo if needed in the future. The hull is different as well with much added rocker, needed for the surface drive. An arneson would probably also do well on a BH 22 hull. The BH setup is awesome and I feel is a great setup to own as long as you can accept the eventual inavailability of some spare parts, but as i said if worse comes to worse just bolt on a Bravo. Absolutely awesome boat, go for it.........but watch the lifting eyes.

slendzion
09-02-2005, 12:03 PM
The blackhawk drive can be easily replaced with a standard Bravo if needed in the future. The hull is different as well with much added rocker, needed for the surface drive. An arneson would probably also do well on a BH 22 hull. The BH setup is awesome and I feel is a great setup to own as long as you can accept the eventual inavailability of some spare parts, but as i said if worse comes to worse just bolt on a Bravo. Absolutely awesome boat, go for it.........but watch the lifting eyes.
Ok, whats up with the lifting eyes, haven't heard this one yet.

Pismo
09-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Read..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41471

Bad-Tat
09-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Buy it, respect what it can do, work up to speed slowly, learn how to drive it and burn some gas!!!