PDA

View Full Version : What kind of boats are these?

Tony
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
I saw these boats at Spring Lake, MI, last Sunday.
The first, of course, is a classic 22'...anybody from this board?

The black boat was cool looking, but I never got close enough to read the emblem. The last boat had real interesting lines, and scooted along nicely, complete with a long roostertail. Any idea what kind of boats these are?

Morgan's Cloud
08-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Tony ,
I can't be sure about the black one but the red/white one appears to be a 'Maelstrom' .

One was sent this way back in the mid 80-s I believe. It was blue and white though .. same pattern/detail.

Had a BBC in it and a black outdrive. Boasted high-tec construction/light weight (for the time period )

For some strange reason after the original owner had it for a few years he sold it to another local who for some unknown reason exported it off the island and it's never been seen since .
Hmm.... now I think of it I seem to remember something about someone wanting ot make a set of molds ....

Steve

DJ13
08-30-2005, 05:59 PM
The black one looks like a Mirage or a Mirage copy.

scott snider
09-01-2005, 01:57 PM
My last two boats where like the black one its a 217 Mirage. They are very well built boats.

DJ13
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
My last two boats where like the black one its a 217 Mirage. They are very well built boats.

Yes they are great boats! Were built locally here in the Pacific NW, but no longer, unfortunately. I was in the market for a 25' Mirage until I found my Donzi 22ZX!