PDA

View Full Version : How I spent the last weekend of my forties.....

gold-n-rod
08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Got up early on Saturday, the lake had northerly winds that whipped up whitecaps. No boating for me. About 5 pm, the lake calmed down and I got out for about 2 hours of fun.

Sunday am, the lake had the same northerlies, but I toughed it out and got in a ride of about an hour, including just bobbing at the calm end. The lake calmed down about 2 and my buddy and I dropped in our boats (he has a Checkmate) and we spent about 2 hours running gunwhale to gunwhale at about 50. What great fun!

Life is good. Bring on the fifties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Tony
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Congratulations, Randy! What a great way to spend the weekend, sounds like you had a blast with your 16. We were out on Lake Michigan Sunday, off Grand Haven, and the rollers were 3 to 4 footers. Needless to say we weren't out there long, instead cruising Spring Lake.

I suspected you were close to my age, but I have to admit that you have me by about 1 1/2 years (that is...you are younger!). But, one good thing about being this old is that I qualify for the 50 and over hockey league. I play every Sunday at Suburban Ice, behind the MAC Club off Hagadorn Rd. It is a great time and helps me feel younger!

Brad Lyon
08-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Congrats Randy, I hit that milestone in one year and 23 days..........

Brad