PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Quick & Quiet Plus system problems

hyperlite98
08-29-2005, 11:12 AM
HELP!

"My Brother" ;) hooked the battery terminals up wrong and blew a couple big fuses on the weekend with the boats electrical system... Everything is back up and running but... My Corsa quick and quiet plus system is no longer functional. It is currently going thru the hull and the switch is unresponsive. ( I believe in my system the off position is thru hull, on is thru prop) The guy at Corsa said that I would probably have to replace the harness.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? a new harness is almost 200$

thanks,

Jeff

donzi182003
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Probably a stupid question but did you reset the breaker for the system? My boat has a 20 or 30 amp breaker for the quick and quiet.

hyperlite98
08-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Probably a stupid question but did you reset the breaker for the system? My boat has a 20 or 30 amp breaker for the quick and quiet.

The breaker doesn't look like it was tripped.

Teenydoggie
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Push it any way.Might just work!!!!

joseph m. hahnl
08-29-2005, 05:56 PM
how many wires on the switch ? use a test light probe and check wires for power. check before the breaker and after. check at the valve switch and the turn on switch. the chances of a bad harness is pretty unlikely. look for melted solder in the switch's

check the length of wire fo continuity with a tester.

joe

Brad Lyon
08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Should it turn out that you need a new harness I suggest you call Kelly at Crestview Marine in Wichita, Kansas (316) 683-4581. Great guy to work with and very reasonable prices. You may want to call him just to pick his brain with your problem.

Brad