PDA

View Full Version : A good Cleaning

Last Real Texan
08-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Jeezhttp://www.donzi.net/ubb/redface.gifuttahere

the condition people let there stuff get into baffles me some times. Brought the new to me boat home and put her away in the warehouse for the week. Just took delivery on friday,and it looked like it had been cleaned pretty well , NOT. THe cabin had been sitting with water in it for some time and everything was damp, the cushions from the facing seats were soaked all the way through, I mean heavy, heavy, so I took all that apart and hung the covers up for drying and also the foam, the very front hold had about 2 gallons of water in it as well, So I continued to probe for water and found the inspection plate under the step coming into the cabin facing forward discovered a small bilge pump in the compartment that had carpet fibers blocking the vanes in the pick up, the pump was no longer working I am guessing from the carpet clogging the vanes. Anyhow I sucked a bunch of water out of there as well with the shop VAC. So I have left a fan running in the doorway and popped the hatch up fron and am going to air it out good tonight. All in all I removed 3 full 5 Gallon buckets of water from the hull today, over 15 gallons total...About 100 pounds . All the cushions when dry I amsure will weigh next to nothing , probably lose another 50 pound here. All out of the bow. Even in the cockpit the back cushion was totalyy soaked inside the cover . I bet that thing weighed 35 pounds full of water. So I am guessin by the end of the dry out I am figuring will lose about 150 lbs of extra water ...I am still not sure how full the holding tank for the toilet is, I have no idea what to do with it other than hook up a suction hose from the fitting on the outside of the hull near the fairing....Any Ideas here? how does this system work?
Water Water Water everywhere.
All in all I am very happy now that I have her home and can get here brought to my standards and keep her that way, I know it willl help that she gets stored in my warehouse dry and out of the sun.....

Again thanks for all the help just a little vent......:shocking:

Bryan :us-texas: