PDA

View Full Version : I'm a lucky sob!

Cuda
08-28-2005, 06:34 PM
We went to Lake Harris today for a run. About an hour after I got back, AAA calls me and tells me someone found my wallet on the side of the road, and gave me his phone number. Lucky for me, it was an honest man. It still had my credit cards and $200 cash in it.

We had stopped on the way home to buy a soda. Deb tried to hand me my wallet out of the truck, but I told her I only had twenties in it, and just to give me a buck out of her money. She never gave me the wallet, and that's the last time I saw it, of course, she doesn't remember it that way. :rolleyes:

rustnrot
08-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Same thing happened to me a few years ago.....at the dump. Now I, like many of us, like a great outing at a junkyard.....then I started going to the dump (yea, I know). Anyway, the day I lost my wallet I got a nearly new metal cabinet!! But lost my wallet. About an hour later I got a call from an honest man at the dump! Everything was in my wallet....I gave him $60 out of it. I figured the trip was still worth it, the cabinet was worth $60.

"The dump giveth, the dump taketh away".

Lenny
08-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Cuda, stories about REAL people make me smile. Glad it worked out for you Joe. :yes: There is hope.

Ed Donnelly
08-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Three weeks ago, my son forgot to lock my truck. Someone broke into it during the night. They didn't touch the analizer, digital camera, CD's or anything else. BUT, my wallet was in the centre console. They took the $180, but left the credit cards and everything else.. I consider myself very lucky...............Ed