PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 33zx Flushing

RHMUIR
08-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Just put the 33zx(twin 500hp) on my lift and it is a somewhat of a challenge flushing two engines(especially if you are alone). Was wondering what experience others have had and if anybody is using "Perko" or other flusher in engine compartment? I looke at MST guardian but they appear to be out of business.

Donzigo
08-26-2005, 08:10 PM
I live 1 hour away from you in St. Petersburg. I have a Z-33 w 2 454's. I would not advise any t-valve with spring. They get sand in them and won't push out and can burn up an engine. I put a direct brass through hull fitting beneath each engine. One end goes to the engine and the other goes to a hose that runs up the the back of the front of the engine room and that's plugged off. I then flush easliy after a run, sitting in my back seat having a beer. It's a sweet set-up. You are invited to take a look, if you wish. I'm not far away.

Richard
727-867-7020

MOP
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
You can also rig a very simple system using one hose inlet with a shut off valve and no check valves, after the valve the line is teed to each engine after the pump. I have set up several like this, feeding water after the pump is nothing new every OMC stringer drive used a flush attachment on the side of the pivot which was above the pump. With duals you flush one at a time with -0- problems, when done shut the valve by the water inlet as a safty. Now the kicker if by chance you have a pump go bad the other engine will feed both through the flush line but only at low speed but it makes a great get home feature and beats the hell out of limping home on one. Quite a few of the commercial fish boats I have worked on have a cross over between the pumps to feed the other just in case. When you make up the T the dock side can be 3/4" the lines going to each engine need to be 1" to insure decent flow if needed for the get home feature.

Phil

Donzigo
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
The cover are coming off the boats, early Saturday morning. Boating Sat & Sun...........come see us. David & I will be out at Shell with the Scout & Z-33. Jamesbon will be out there camping with a "hottie" Sat. night. David & I will probably go out and spot light them and try to take some videos of the action that night to show on the world wide web.............Jamesbon likes that kind out thing.

Drive your 33-ZX over if you like, too. I have a nice dock to tie up to.

727-867-7020

RHMUIR
08-28-2005, 08:35 AM
The cover are coming off the boats, early Saturday morning. Boating Sat & Sun...........come see us. David & I will be out at Shell with the Scout & Z-33. Jamesbon will be out there camping with a "hottie" Sat. night. David & I will probably go out and spot light them and try to take some videos of the action that night to show on the world wide web.............Jamesbon likes that kind out thing.

Drive your 33-ZX over if you like, too. I have a nice dock to tie up to.

727-867-7020

We have a birthday celebration this weekend. My boat goes in for paint repairs on Monday. Marina scratched it pretty bad when getting it out of rack. 5 colors worth, We will catch up later.

undertaker
08-28-2005, 09:51 AM
RH hey how you doing sorry to hear about the paint scratches :boggled: :eek: other than that how do you like your 33ZX.

Undertaker :sombrero:

Donzigo
08-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Which Marina? I work all over. I'll be in Brandon on Friday. How bout a beer?