PDA

View Full Version : My first head 2 head

blueliner
08-25-2005, 12:39 AM
well, today was a perfect day in vancouver and i was just hanging out on the boat, listening to the stereo. out of the horizon comes this boat that i have seen, and heard from my deck, cruising by me. at last i see the competition face 2 face. it is a 29' fountain. they wave i wave back. i had just put some gas in her, and i thought, i have been sitting her long enough. so i crank her over and flip a 180. they see i am up to the challenge and come back as 2 not get too far ahead. so we started out, they were about 50 m ahead of me to start, but slowly i started trimming her up and began starting to creep on her, eventually passing her and leaving them behind. i then slowed up and so did they and had a good laugh. they couldn't believe i caught them. they kept saying, "he;s not going away, i fact he is gaining on us." i was surprised that they were going as fast as they were. he only had a 496 ho, just one, and he said his top was 69-70. i think i was only going a little over 72 at the time. learning to steer through the chine walk has been sketchy but slowly getting the hang of it. hope to hit 75mph soon. my max so far 73.7 mph. what a great day!!! it was nice to know my little 22 can hang with the big boys.

go canucks go!!!!!

Lenny
08-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Way to go Steve :yes:

No work on the 75-76ish number :D

Dr. Dan
08-25-2005, 05:12 AM
:beer: Chine Walk...Whats That? :beer: We need to get some running shots of your new Toy, I am sure its beautiful...congrats :spongebob

Doc :bonk:

RickSE
08-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Congrats Blue. :beer:

So have you gotten the wife out at speed?

Silver Bullet
08-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I had my wife and in-laws in the boat on my second outing (of Donzi ownership)when a bigger boat ran me down. I envy you because you walked right past him like it was your calling.

Long Live Donzi :shocking: