PDA

View Full Version : Poodle, Jim et.al. STAND BY FOR KATRINA

pmreed
08-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Looks like it's headed your way. I've been waiting for this one, as my daughter's name is Katrina and she likes Miami!!

Cuda
08-24-2005, 08:45 AM
I wonder if it's going to effect us at Lake Harris this weekend? You coming Phil?

pmreed
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Too early to tell Joe, but with a Friday landfall predicted in Poodle's neck of the woods, and most of the heavy weather on the Northeast side, this weekend in Central Florida could be unpleasant.

Phil

DONZI
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Looks like it's headed your way. I've been waiting for this one, as my daughter's name is Katrina and she likes Miami!!
Mine too ! She's already asking to go back to Fla. for vac. nxt yr..

If this storm gets anywhere near wound up like my Katrina can, LOOK OUT ! :eek!:
Here she is loving the Keys last April.

pmreed
08-24-2005, 05:37 PM
The first picture is of my Katrina when she was 17. The second about 5 years back after completing the Disney World Marathon run. She's now 32, married, and looks just the same!! :biggrin.:

Phil

Lenny
08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Looks like first to see Poodle and then go see Ted, and later go see what Forrest is doing. :(

onesubdrvr
08-24-2005, 07:28 PM
We are sending her to Lauderdale... Mattter of fact, she's due east of there now.

Since we will be on the clean side, I'm planning on boating Saturday. :D :D :D
What about Sunday? that's the REAL question,....

Wayne

ps, anything exciting?

Surfer
08-25-2005, 10:12 AM
She's headed right for my office in Pompano!

McGary911
08-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Just got off a conf call. We are closing branch offices in Miami (3), Ft Lauderdale (3), Aventura, Coral Gables (2), Plantation, Coral Springs, Weston, Cypress Creek, and of course Key Largo.....More to follow, I'm sure. My group helps out with all these hurricane closures, so it's gonna be a busy couple of days at work :splat:

Good luck to everyone down there.......be safe.

BTW - We just got a call from a Bahamas affiliate office, who reports that it has hit them a LOT harder than they were expecting.....

Lenny
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
6 mph and 60 mph winds. This one seems a lot tamer than previous visitors.

So, is this a storm that will get people draining (to some degree) Lake Okochobee and monitoring the levels?

Cuda
08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
We are getting some gusts and light bands of shower already up north here in Deland. Gusts to 26 mph. We've had little or no wind all summer, except when a thunderboomer is moving through.

Cuda
08-25-2005, 11:00 AM
I just had to go out and rig two of my boats so they won't hold water in the covers.

Cuda
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
They are calling for 3 to 5 inches here.

Cuda
08-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Man, the media loves nothing more than a good storm.

donzi182003
08-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Theyre frickin ridiculous. They make it seem like the whopping 50mph:eek!: winds are going to level all of South Florida. Well at least Publix and Home Depot stock will rise:p . I turned off the TV. Sunday looks like a good Contender day. Weathers gonna be nice but winds will be kinda stiff.

Team Jefe
08-25-2005, 11:50 AM
All BS Aside - All Floridian Donzifiles are in our prayers...y'all have seen enough storms.

I guess I'd better start saying a good word for the Georgian crew as well....I mean we want Michelle to make to 'Sota anyway...OK so maybe I can't ride myself of BS Completely.

Cuda
08-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I guess it's a hurricane now, I see sustained winds at 75 mph.

BUIZILLA
08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
92 mph gust just reported at Port Everglades inlet

2 just died from tree's falling on 2 seperate cars in west Broward

gusts 52-54knots at my house

where's the blender honey :D

donzi182003
08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Im right with you in the lower Kendall area. We have a stationary band over our area.. Great. Nows when Im really glad I work in insurance:splat: :splat: . Im with you Poodle. Lets see if the 2 grand on my Broncos lift kit comes in handy:p

pmreed
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Hang on you south Florida guys. Katrina's surprising a lot of people; more wind than expected, especially in the Miami area, and I think it's going to get very, very wet!! :eek: . We're not expecting much here in Orlando but rain. If you need something, call. It's only a four hour drive :smile: .

Phil

Cuda
08-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I love my generator :) :) :)
Is your power out? What kind of tidal surge did you get? What was the tidal phase when it came ashore?

Lenny
08-25-2005, 07:56 PM
Scott, I have been watching Fowey Rock all day. Neat to see it coming ashore from 3200 miles away. Hope your steel shutters work out at the house ;)

Nice to know you had your insurance redone (outside of their planned "anniversary date" ) now I bet :)

need for speed
08-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Nothing going on here... ummm Poodle sent it south ...:) just some rain and a little wind .................. :rolleyes:

need for speed
08-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Nothing going on here... ummm Poodle sent it south ...:) just some rain and a little wind .................. :rolleyes:

HOW did Poodle survive?? no word..... :eek!:

txtaz
08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Poodle, Hope everything is ok. We made out well, but it sure didn't help selling the place.
Let us know if everything is good.
Wes

Donzigo
08-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Scot, tried to call you three times today. No anwer once, then constant ring, then nothing. Phone gremlins in Miamuh.

You & Heidi OK?

Boats?

Roof?

Business?

Your sense of humour?

BUIZILLA
08-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Poodle is fine, he lost his phone at home, and the Nextel system isn't working but very sporadic.. he is high and dry, with the ONLY big genny in the neighborhood, in his yard... :yes: we got about 10" of rain at my house and about 6" at his, a couple miles from each other was like 4" difference, I got 6" in about 1 1/2 hours time alone. He's got some landscaping issues, I lost some shrubs and one screen panel, but all in all we fared well..

What a surprise this was...

JH

Cuda
08-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Glad to hear y'all escaped relatively unscathed.

ChromeGorilla
08-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Scott, glad to see you and yours are OK. Plus I need boat parking next feb..... :biggrin:

Jim, glad to hear all is OK as well.

Take it easy fellas.

My sister-inlaw has no power so she came up here for a couple days.

Lenny
08-28-2005, 02:09 AM
... I didn't realize the "new Blanchard FORD" was a King Ranch when you talked about it all the time...

Nice wheels :yes:

And coloured bumpers and stuff. We don't see then like that unles they are the HD edition.

Glad to see you guys are safe.

Cuda
08-28-2005, 04:22 AM
Katrina is turning into a monster now. Cat 4, and maybe a 5 by the time it hits land. If it hits New Orleans, it would make Andrew look like the aftermath of a frat party.

Boy, those forcasters hit this one on the head, eh? :bonk:

boxy
08-28-2005, 02:06 PM
... I didn't realize the "new Blanchard FORD" was a King Ranch when you talked about it all the time...

Nice wheels :yes:

And coloured bumpers and stuff. We don't see then like that unles they are the HD edition.

Glad to see you guys are safe.
Lenny is that a King Ranch emblem, or a HD emblem ?????

boxy
08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
She sure is pretty .......

f_inscreenname
08-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Wow MP that is cool. I have been through two hurricanes in the house I am in now and only lost power for a couple hours, once. Folks a couple miles (maybe 3) south from me, the last time lost there power for almost 3 weeks. I may have to be in the market for one. I am sure I can find other uses for it.

Happy to see you made out OK.

onesubdrvr
08-31-2005, 06:14 AM
We have been running it non stop since Thursday @ 7:30. AC, stove,dryer all working... The transfer switch on the house makes it a very simple switchover.

Found out last nite Terry is a bit slutty. My neighbor is now plugged in also :eek: :eek:

Put them on their own breaker in case they overload it.... Yanked the meter anc connected the house that way so stuff works normally.

Life is good :) :)

Wayne, you need a transfer switch on the house at a minimum, and consider a genny also.. Talk to me dude, talk to me..... :)

Will Do!!! ESPECIALLY with the new house!!

I'll be in touch,... can you P/M me your cell# again - I thought I programmed it, must not have,

Wayne