PDA

View Full Version : Hockey's Back!!!

Tony
08-23-2005, 11:02 PM
It is about time...after too long of a wait we will finally get to see hockey return to action. Lots will be new, with the rosters of most teams being quite different. The Pens are excited about high profile rookie Sidney Crosby, the Flyers are stoked about Forsburg and their three massive defensemen (including Roadtrip's boy Derrian Hatcher). Also staking an early claim to Lord Stanley's cup are fans in Calgary, Edmonton, and Anaheim....based on their supposed success in landing free agents.

In Hockeytown there is also excitement, with Captain Steve Yzerman, warrior Chris Chelios, and Irishman Brendan Shanahan all returning, along with Niklas (Norris) Lidstrom...not to mention a new coach!

There will be several rule changes also (see below). Most of these are good, depending on whether they actually do crack down on obstruction and interference or not. We've heard that for several years and it has not materialized.

Hopefully you get Comcast's "Outdoor Life" channel, this is who got the NHL TV contract instead of ESPN! That is kind of embarassing, but hopefully it will all work out in the long run.

GO WINGS!!

- Allowing the two-line pass (no red line) like international hockey;

- Reduction in size of goalie equipment;

- Using the AHL crease and limits on goaltender puck handling;

- No tie games; using a penalty shootout after overtime; After a five minute overtime, three players will be selected from each team for the shootout. If still tied, it will then be a sudden death shootout;

- No-touch icing;

- Bringing back tag-up offside;

- Move nets back two feet towards end boards;

- Reducing the size of the neutral zone;

- A team that ices the puck cannot make a line change prior to the ensuing face-off;

- Officials will have the discretion to wave off icing if it is deemed to be the result of an attempted pass;

- A player that instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and automatic one-game suspension;

- Zero tolerance on interference, hooking and holding/obstruction

- Delay of game penalties for any players shooting the puck over the glass in his defensive zone.

blueliner
08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
can't wait. have my canucks tix once again. if u r ever up here give me a shout, we will go to a game. otherwise, i will see you in the playoffs. that goal from center-ice on cloutier still haunts me.

It is about time...after too long of a wait we will finally get to see hockey return to action. Lots will be new, with the rosters of most teams being quite different. The Pens are excited about high profile rookie Sidney Crosby, the Flyers are stoked about Forsburg and their three massive defensemen (including Roadtrip's boy Derrian Hatcher). Also staking an early claim to Lord Stanley's cup are fans in Calgary, Edmonton, and Anaheim....based on their supposed success in landing free agents.

In Hockeytown there is also excitement, with Captain Steve Yzerman, warrior Chris Chelios, and Irishman Brendan Shanahan all returning, along with Niklas (Norris) Lidstrom...not to mention a new coach!

There will be several rule changes also (see below). Most of these are good, depending on whether they actually do crack down on obstruction and interference or not. We've heard that for several years and it has not materialized.

Hopefully you get Comcast's "Outdoor Life" channel, this is who got the NHL TV contract instead of ESPN! That is kind of embarassing, but hopefully it will all work out in the long run.

GO WINGS!!

- Allowing the two-line pass (no red line) like international hockey;

- Reduction in size of goalie equipment;

- Using the AHL crease and limits on goaltender puck handling;

- No tie games; using a penalty shootout after overtime; After a five minute overtime, three players will be selected from each team for the shootout. If still tied, it will then be a sudden death shootout;

- No-touch icing;

- Bringing back tag-up offside;

- Move nets back two feet towards end boards;

- Reducing the size of the neutral zone;

- A team that ices the puck cannot make a line change prior to the ensuing face-off;

- Officials will have the discretion to wave off icing if it is deemed to be the result of an attempted pass;

- A player that instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and automatic one-game suspension;

- Zero tolerance on interference, hooking and holding/obstruction

- Delay of game penalties for any players shooting the puck over the glass in his defensive zone.

glashole
08-24-2005, 07:16 AM
go leafs go

Tim Morris
08-24-2005, 07:43 AM
I've met Tony
I've met Shay

Shay knows where he's going, especially through 1K Isles...
I think he knows more than Tony about this too.

ChromeGorilla
08-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Man, now I have to endure hockey "highlights" interupting Sportscenter. :mad: :uzi:

boxy
08-24-2005, 08:33 AM
go leafs go
I used to like you ........ :D

roadtrip se
08-24-2005, 08:40 AM
This town's soul revolves around Hockeytown!

The Joe is going to rock!

Gimme all the trash talk you want, but there just isn't anything else like it up here around the Artic Circle!

mattyboy
08-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Man, now I have to endure hockey "highlights" interupting Sportscenter. :mad: :uzi:

man from a guy who lives in eternal sunshine and paradise the land of perpetual boating, between watching sportcenter and posting do you ever go outside :p :) :rlol:

now I am a seasonal sportsfan, so right now I am focused on keeping the pool clean, the boat running, and doing whatever I can to help get the bronx bombers into the post season, then will come the raking of the leaves the covering of the boat and pool then it will be Giant and ND football time then by the holidays I will be in full hockey mode not to say I am not stoked about the acquisitions the Broad Street Bullies have made, also I am not so willing to rush back to a sport the players and owners took away from me, a written apology would be nice, or any jesture of regret would be appreciated,

comcast damn I am gonna have to move to joisey or philly, guess I only be watching when the flyers play the isles rangers and devils :o

DonZi kid18
08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
GO GO FLYERS !

ryan
------------------
1984 DonZi classic
350 cub. in.