PDA

View Full Version : thinking about purchasing...

MJS26
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I am very close to purchasing a 1989 donzi bowrider (21'). I only talked to the seller once and am planning on taking it out for a test drive next week with my mechanic. Does anyone have some information on these boats made during this time. It has a 350 in it and an alpha1 outdrive

Any information would be great.

Marc

MOP
08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
It is a boat like all others just a little better design and of course says DONZI on the side, while your mechanic checks his stuff you should check the stringers nad transom for wetness. Take a 1/2 dollar and tap along the stringers and on teh transom where the wood reinforcement is, when you tap is should sound sharp. Any dull sounding areas can spell trouble, or a winter project that many of us have gone through. Wet wood in a salt boat is not as chancy as in a fresh water boat, one of my best Buds re habs old classic wooden boats. The ones from the inland lakes all need bottoms, the salt boats need far less wood replacement. The salt helps to pickle or preserve the wood, any old timer will tell you rock salt is the best thing to throw in a wooden boats bilge.

Phil