PDA

View Full Version : What I saw at the ramp yesterday....

gcarter
08-21-2005, 06:52 PM
This beak boat. It must have been 40' long.......
Had two 500's. His crewman hadn't shown up so we helped him launch.

gold-n-rod
08-21-2005, 08:01 PM
What are the switches on the outer (gunwhale) edges of the engine hatches?

Cuda
08-21-2005, 08:05 PM
George, was that at Astor? Are you sure they weren't 525's? It looks like a guy I've met around there. I can't tell for sure.

Marlin275
08-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I was in Toys R Us today
and they only had an RC Fountain for sale
along with some no name designs.
Something wrong with that.
Talked my boy out of that choice ! ! !

Beaks are for birds ?

gcarter
08-21-2005, 08:50 PM
What are the switches on the outer (gunwhale) edges of the engine hatches?
Randy, I think they're snaps.

Cuda, I believe they said 500 on them. I should have taken a better picture.

Yes this was at Astor. We later saw him at that very large three storey house on the West side of the river.
His tow truck was an F-350 diesel. After getting the trailer all the way into the water, he pulled it back out most of the way, I really didn't think it was going to come back up. The truck was really straining and moved very slowly.
Oh yeah, the decals on the truck doors indicated a landscaping business. He must be doing pretty well. That house must be 1.5 mill.

gold-n-rod
08-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Randy, I think they're snaps.

DAMN big snaps. What do they hold?

I thought they lined up with the nozzle thingies underneath in the engine room, but what do I know?

gcarter
08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
There's a fuel fill, a vent, and umteen snaps. I think it's a point where a couple of covers meet.
The nozzle thingies appear to be hose flush fittings.
To be honest, he launched and was gone very quickly. And the sheer size was a bit overwhelming.

Oh yeah, Cuda will be very glad to know there's also fitting for a BIMINI!!!!!
:) :yippie:

Cuda
08-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Sounds like the same guy. Did his truck have graphics matching his boat and say Fountain on the back window?

This is the guy I'm talking about.

gcarter
08-22-2005, 05:07 AM
No, only graphics on the truck was a magnetic door sign for his landscaping business.
Joe, if you look at the right rear of your pic, the swoop continues upward toward the stern. On my pic above, it says "Mercury Racing" in that area.
Also the owner of this boat is built like a fire plug.
We actually saw two fountains this size Saturday. It was easy to get them confused.

roadtrip se
08-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Look at the vinyl on the hatch. The "2" is the other side of the "4" on 42, so its what Reggie calls a 42.

The nozzles under the hatch are the hose fittings for the freshwater flush system. Dang right handy.

The risers look like a set from a 500EFI. The collectors are typically taller on a 525 EFI.

Finally, the boat in Cuda's pictures doesn't have the same graphics on the hatch as the one in George's pictures. The seat backs show it to be a 38.

Launching one of those things is a treat, doesn't matter what kind of tow rig you have, so I am sure he enjoyed the assistance George.