PDA

View Full Version : Cool video of twin turbo rotary boat

captainsae
08-21-2005, 11:57 AM
It is not a donzi video but I thought I would post it for those who haven't seen it yet. http://media.putfile.com/turborotaryboat82

Ed Donnelly
08-21-2005, 12:06 PM
I was thnking to myself, the camera boat seems faster.
Then I saw the last 5 seconds...HOLY S**T.......Ed

Walt. H.
08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
:eek: :eek: Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!! :checkered

Moody Blu'
08-21-2005, 08:24 PM
DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smash:

onesubdrvr
08-21-2005, 08:36 PM
WOW!! That turbo set-up is REALLY awesome!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wayne

MOP
08-21-2005, 08:47 PM
The last few seconds was a real "See Ya Later" shot, WOW wonder what it does speed wise?

McGary911
08-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Now that Is moving.....Very cool. I posted that link over at OSO to see if anyone had more info on it (after a fruitless google). Someone responded:

The boat is in australia, its an 1850 Bullet (aussie hull) it's powered by a 20B Motor (triple rotor) with a big T04 style turbo, pretty damn impressive, Have seen it run a couple of times and it's damn quick, used for ski racing, I had a website with more photo's of it but can't find it now...

That's impressive how it jumps when he gets on the throttles......Thats how most people must feel when running alongside Mighty Mouse.

Lenny
08-22-2005, 12:06 PM
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75805

catch 22
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
WOW That's all i can say. :eek!: :eek!:

Cuda
08-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Holy chit! I damn sure wouldn't be the one sitting backwards on that ride! :eek!:

rustnrot
08-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Glad this was brought up, timely too. I am picking up the attached 16 hull this week. No outdrive, no engine, sitting out 12 years, exactly what I have been looking for to put the attached engine in. Already a supercharged 13B I intend to intercool it and play with the efi and boost. My rule is the same as Jesse James---"It needs to appear stock". The engine now at 240 hp weighs half a 4.3L V6.

I am leaning v-drive to handle the 7000 rpms. Anybody have any idea if an Alpha can take those rpms?

PS, the rear motor hatch IS there it is in the interior.

Cuda
08-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I am leaning v-drive to handle the 7000 rpms. Anybody have any idea if an Alpha can take those rpms?

I doubt it. Maybe a jet drive?

rustnrot
08-23-2005, 07:38 PM
A jet is a possibility. But I like the Bite of a prop. With a 1.5 reduction the propshaft rpm itself will be about the same as "stock".

onesubdrvr
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Glad this was brought up, timely too. I am picking up the attached 16 hull this week. No outdrive, no engine, sitting out 12 years, exactly what I have been looking for to put the attached engine in. Already a supercharged 13B I intend to intercool it and play with the efi and boost. My rule is the same as Jesse James---"It needs to appear stock". The engine now at 240 hp weighs half a 4.3L V6.

PS, the rear motor hatch IS there it is in the interior.
I don't think an Alpha would handle it very well either, especially the RPM, HP would be OK,....what year hull? what was it set up for? Have you considered Volvo drives? Arneson (if they make one small enough for a 16)?

All this talk gets me thinking though,...:confused: :eek!: :D :eek:

Good luck on your project

Wayne

rustnrot
08-23-2005, 07:46 PM
I will check on the Volvos. A small Arneson would be cool. Good idea. He said it was a 1969 who knows if that is exactly it but that would be close. Originally had an Eaton outdrive (gone) and I assume a 289 (also gone).

onesubdrvr
08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I will check on the Volvos. A small Arneson would be cool. Good idea. He said it was a 1969 who knows if that is exactly it but that would be close. Originally had an Eaton outdrive (gone) and I assume a 289 (also gone).
I KNOW the Volvo's will handle the power, like with the Alpha, my concern would be the RPM's. I'm really thinking you're going to have to go a different way (ie Jet, surface drive). There are other people out there other than Arneson. Now Jet drive could be interesting, and there are alot of hi-performance jet builders out west, possibly cheaper and easier to mount than the surface drive. There are Berkely jets out there pushing LOTS of HP, and more RPM's as alot of those "jet boats" use the over transom dry exhaust.

Wayne

Lenny
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't think you will find an Eaton hanging out back in '69... I think you have an older one. I have '66-67-ish and it was a VOLVO. Do you have a rear seat vent near the floor? Vents on the transom? Two engine vents?

rustnrot
08-23-2005, 10:33 PM
...one thing for sure...I know nothing about outdrives. Here are the rest of the pics that were sent to me. I won't know anymore until I pick it up on Thursday. Can anyone tell what drive was on there? It appears to have no cowl vents but the pics are not that good they may just be missing. It also has a stern light integrated into the rear louvers---I know that is a clue....but not to me!

PS, supposedly a tree fell on the deck during a hurricane. I thought it was just normal "rotten balsa sag".

Moody Blu'
08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
the 13b KILLER BEE!!!!!
there awesome motors and can spin very high rpms, 12,000 and higher, i have seen 14,500 in race rotaries that have 4 rotors(two motors put together)

I would put a surface drive on it, nothing else.