PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Picnic

Scott Pearson
08-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok...I see that there is going to be another great turnout this year for our 10th annual picnic. I really want to that everyone for there help and support with the club this past year and a half. I have had alot going and things are getting back to normal finely. So with September 10th comming up quickly I just wanted to give everyone some information regarding this great Donzi event.

We will be meeting on Specker Heck Island Saturday the 10th around 11:00am. The docks that LGDCC has set aside for our event are 1-10 on the East side of the island (Back Side) and Docks 30-52 on the West side (front). As most of you know most everyone makes food and brings it out with them to the event. We all pretty much cook our favorite dishes and make enough to share with others. Nobody has gotten sick yet so it has worked out pretty good so far. Also this year I will not be bringing beer....Sorry. Its just way to much liability on the club and a big pain in the ass getting a keg out there. So please bring your own. Also...Please bring garbage bags, we need to take it all off the island.

Friday night we plan on meeting at the Algonquin at arounf 7:30pm for some drinks.

Also Saturday night we all gather in front of our rooms at Treasure Cove and have on big dinner BBQ with all thats left over. Its a great time is has turned into a Donzi tradition.

I hope this helps and if anyone has any questions please let me know.

I look foward to seeing everone there!

Scott
President, LGDCC

Dr. Dan
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM
:banghead: Scott, I am bringing the Roasted Craw Dads as requested, this year only 6 were hit by cars, so I had to refrigerate them, but they will still be good, the rest are almost full grown and we will drown them the day before we leave so they are nice and fresh. :bonk:

I will take your advice and soak them in WD-40 first, you said last year ya got alot more distance outta the Charcoal that way and that sounds like a good idea especially with Gas Prices being what they are and all, I don't think we can syphon any outta Cliffs boat cuz he won't be there.

:wink: I will make half a recipe' because, Cliff won't be there....and since the Sex Change operation I don't eat nearly the Tonnage I used too. :rlol:

Hope the Snakes are not mating under the docks again that sure gets annoying having to clean them off the Prop and Transom. :wink:

I'll bring extra Dock Lines in case someone feels compelled to permanently borrow mine ...

Looking forward to it.

Chase Palmentari :wink:

Scott Pearson
08-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Dan,
It looks like this year is going to be a blast. Also looks like we will have more fod left over since Cliff wont be there...... :rolleyes: . Any whooooo....I cant wait!

Scott
LGDCC

Dr. Dan
08-23-2005, 06:44 AM
Dan,
It looks like this year is going to be a blast. Also looks like we will have more fod left over since Cliff wont be there...... :rolleyes: . Any whooooo....I cant wait!

Scott
LGDCC

:beer: I just spoke to Culotta last night, he thinks he is gonna try to make it, he had a great time last year in spite of Liz and I Stiffing him as a no show(not my idea). George makes the best smoked goods I have ever tasted...he is like a roaming BBQ. Should have his new Trailer from Performance by then too.

:spongebob I will be getting in sometime on Friday...late morning, heading North late Thursday... hopefully the Water Level will be less than Flood Stage.

Doc of Nit Picking Picnics :beer:

mattyboy
08-23-2005, 08:33 AM
will claude raines the invisible launcher be there??
will there be running water???
will someone walk off the dock??
will children be playing outside Scott's room at the wee hours of the morning
will matty park at the town docks this year???
will they find out that red is not matty natural color??
will the Dr. have to make a house call

for the answer to these and many other inane questions tune into
as the prop turns

:p

DONZI
08-23-2005, 03:31 PM
will there be running water???

for the answer to these and many other inane questions tune into
as the prop turns

:p
As long as you wake before me. ;) :chillpill :eek:
Cya all there ! W/fam. or without. Soccer season again.

Hot Boats & Street Rods. Its a great wk. end !

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/feature/2004show/04adiron/

Scott Pearson
08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
If anyone needs to crash for the night on their way up they are more then welcome at my place. I will be heading up Friday afternoon.

I hope George and Bonnie make it.....They are a blast.....and Georges cooking is ok also :rlol: . Gotta love that pork ass or what ever you call it. Pig ass or something.

Scott

Dr. Dan
08-23-2005, 08:11 PM
If anyone needs to crash for the night on their way up they are more then welcome at my place. I will be heading up Friday afternoon.

I hope George and Bonnie make it.....They are a blast.....and Georges cooking is ok also :rlol: . Gotta love that pork ass or what ever you call it. Pig ass or something.

Scott

:D PORK BUTT, It's called Pork Butt!!!!

And it is something to be experienced. Smoked to perfection. :wavey:

Anonymous :bonk:

mattyboy
08-24-2005, 06:35 AM
yes dan is right it is pork butt and it is usually dry rubbed with a blend of spices, it is not a spicy smacked pigs ass :p

mattyboy
08-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Now i was hoping we could get thru a fall picnic with out the sophemoric humor and the feeble attempts at mastering photo shop and comedy channel 101 this year by not posting things like this :) :p :rlol:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31834
and of course this kinda stuff :rlol:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31836

he he he the first salvo has been fired cya in lk george Scott :)

Scott Pearson
08-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Ohhhh man....when I get back from our Picnic there will be some pictures posted....and then some.......... :eek:

Scott

mattyboy
08-26-2005, 08:50 PM
:) :)

Scott Pearson
08-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Ha, Ha.......

BERTRAM BOY
08-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Dan you're NOT supposed to smoke the pork butt. Cigars and crack are okay for you, but take the pork butt out of the pipe........

Anonymous

Dr. Dan
08-27-2005, 05:50 AM
:bonk:
Dan you're NOT supposed to smoke the pork butt. Cigars and crack are okay for you, but take the pork butt out of the pipe........

Anonymous :bonk:

:rlol:

mattyboy
09-04-2005, 11:01 AM
one week to go can't wait
see everyone there

joseph m. hahnl
09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
lake george is only 172 mi from me. i thinking of coming over. how do i get in?
do i need reservation? was thinking of a campground.

joe

DON N.
09-06-2005, 03:56 AM
You Could Try Hearthstone Camp Grounds Not To Far Out Of Lake George Village On 9n . Then Use Chic's Marina Or Norwal's To Launch . Probably The West Side Of Hearth Stone If Going North Is More User Friendly ( Flatter ) For Parking And Walking . Hope You Can Make It.

mattyboy
09-06-2005, 08:18 AM

joe

Joe,
I don't know nuthin bout camp grounds, Don knows the area well and would go with his recomendations

as far as the picnic we are out on speaker hecht (sp?) which is in the southern part of the lake about 4-5 miles north of the village
no reservations needed just bring a cooler and a picnic basket or something to throw on a grill, think it is 20$ for the dock space for the day ( the best 20$ you'll ever spend to see and ride in all types of classics) plus some cash for the raffle / auction we start around 11 am and end with cleanup at dusk
followed by sunday run the length of the lake a great run but gas up first we meet off of the docks at the sagamore the big white bldg visible from the main part of the lake
it's a great event don't miss it !!

undertaker
09-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Leaving Thurs. early AM :yes: see you all there... :yes: :biggrin: :yes:

David Hartmann
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM

joe

The camping on the lake has got to be about the best in the world. You can have your own island with your own dock for the Donzi. I am one of the few people that camp up there. If you are thinking of car camping then. You can change it to boat camping. You can camp on an island just a few feet from the picnic island.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ny/long/newindex.html
or some really cool island up lake a few miles
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ny/glen/newindex.html

If you do want to camp out on the lake and want some planning details give me a call at 860 944 1210. I am camping on Fork island site 12.

If you are not up for that, the hearthstone recomendation is a good bet.

See you all there

joseph m. hahnl
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Don :Matty: Dave: thanks for the info . Dave made reservations on fork island
#11 thanks for the link: Matty we can bust each others chops in person :D
so all's i need is food gas anti freeze and a tent, oh shoot and money i forgot the money hey Matty got $20.00 buck's i can borrow for the dock fee:wink:
oh yah my girls comming too could'nt leave her behind

joe

Kirbyvv
09-07-2005, 07:37 AM
What time do you meet off the Sagamore to make the Lake run on Sunday? Just bought my first Donzi last week ('78 X-18) and would love to join up with the group. Can't make Sat. picnic, possibly late afternoon.

mattyboy
09-07-2005, 08:19 AM
What time do you meet off the Sagamore to make the Lake run on Sunday? Just bought my first Donzi last week ('78 X-18) and would love to join up with the group. Can't make Sat. picnic, possibly late afternoon.

we're on the island Sat til dusk and the Sun. run usually starts around 10:30 am or so takes some time to get everyone going after the Sat festivities :rolleyes:

LGMAZ
09-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Long Island would be a good choice as it is about 50 ft. due north and there are always sites available this time of year. However, the islands around Fork are much nicer. I spend about 15 nights a year out there so if anyone has any questions,( double dock sites, lee side sites) feel free to to send me a message.

joseph m. hahnl
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
If you do want to camp out on the lake and want some planning details give me a call at 860 944 1210. I am camping on Fork island site 12.

If you are not up for that, the hearthstone recomendation is a good bet.

See you all there

Dave: where do you park your car, where do you go to check in ,and where do you launch the boat????????????????

joe

Dr. Dan
09-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Dave: where do you park your car, where do you go to check in ,and where do you launch the boat????????????????

joe

:smash: I put in at Chic's Marina, and you can also go to Narowell's Marina, both are on the West Side near Diamond Point or Bolton Landing....plan on a Lake Pass,its cheaper than the Ticket. Also at Chicks you can park up the Hill from there tiny launch and leave your Car there...just tell them when ya check in there. Very nice people, as long as your not Air 22, he has a personality conflict with the owner...Tony. It's a Macho thing...something to do with Dwight's Nail Polish I think!

Anyway...

Doc of Director of Displacement Services :spongebob

DON N.
09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
I Thought The Docks Were $25.00 , Or Is That If Pearson Scrub's The Sea Gull **** Off Them .

Scott Pearson
09-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Don,
$20.00 is the rate per boat. It goes back into funding the club. As far as the bird crap...Do you wanna make $5.00???

Cyea up there!
Scott

mattyboy
09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
cya all up there, have a safe trip, have a cold one ready :yes: