PDA

View Full Version : Bennett tabs auto retract

cigarette30
08-19-2005, 12:44 PM
The newer installations of the Bennett trim tabs, have an auto retract feature, ie: anytime the key is turned on/off, the pump cycles and trims "up", even if they are already up. What a pain, if you slow down to talk, or dock for a minute, (and turn the engine off) the trim process starts all over. Anyone know of a "quick fix", is there one hot wire that can be cut? Thanks in advance.

undertaker
08-19-2005, 01:35 PM
There is a wire with with a inline fuse under the dash coming off the key switch remove the fuse and you should be good to go. My auto retract stopped working and the guy at bennet told me to check the fuse. Good luck.

Undertaker :shades:

PS The fuse was ok looks like I will have to replace the auto retrac unit or maybe NOT!! :propeller :propeller

cigarette30
08-19-2005, 09:14 PM
There is a wire with with a inline fuse under the dash coming off the key switch remove the fuse and you should be good to go. My auto retract stopped working and the guy at bennet told me to check the fuse. Good luck.

Undertaker :shades:

PS The fuse was ok looks like I will have to replace the auto retrac unit or maybe NOT!! :propeller :propeller

Thanks guys, will try ..... instead of simply "tweaking" the tabs, always starting from scratch, I assume it is to avoid damage from trailer, not my issue.

Thanks again.

Tabman II
08-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Undertaker,

How old is the ATR? If it is three (3) years or less, it is still under warranty. If so, please ship the unit back to my attention (Attn: Thomas) and include a short note (copy of this thread entry) that has your phone number, mailing & shipping addresses (if different) so we can exchange it out for you!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services

undertaker
08-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Tab, the boat & unit are less than a year old. I will take your advice and send in the necessary info for the replacement unit. Thanks :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker :biggrin.:

Formula Jr
08-23-2005, 01:03 PM
What I love about Bennett.
They are actually out there reading
Bulletin Boards and proactively
trying to contact users of their product that might be having a problem.

Thats a CLASS ACT!

ALLAN BROWN
08-24-2005, 07:42 AM
I'vd said before... if they gave an award for customer service, Bennett would win every time.

undertaker
08-24-2005, 08:30 AM
AMEN!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tabman II
08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Undertaker,

It is our pleasure and I look forward to the return!

Sincerely,
TII