PDA

View Full Version : Another of Jim's Keys project boats........

gcarter
08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
These came from another email from Jim (Catch 22);
Jim said the owner wants a fortune for it because he bought it new???????? :jestera:
Maybe if I live long enough, I'll understand the meaning of that...........

Morgan's Cloud
08-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Now there's a nice project for someone with a lot of time on their hands !
Nice little piece of classic history ...

Don't be put off folks ... Our Magnum was far worse than that when I found it ... it was even up side down too !

Wonder how much the owner really wants for it ?

What's going on here George ...? That's TWO centre console type boats you've posted for us this week :biggrin:

Steve

gcarter
08-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Steve, Jim works for Publix Grocery Stores, and he is in the Keys several times a week. He always has his eyes open.
But I think you'll find there are more CC's in the Keys than any other type of small boat.
The main problem there is the environment is brutal on everything. It'll destroy a house or car in several years.

McGary911
08-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't believe those lifts\lifting rings are still holding that boat up. :eek!:

or that that the boat is still ON lifting rings over the water....Like he might fire it up and go for a spin this weekend.

Morgan's Cloud
08-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Steve, Jim works for Publix Grocery Stores, and he is in the Keys several times a week. He always has his eyes open.
But I think you'll find there are more CC's in the Keys than any other type of small boat.
The main problem there is the environment is brutal on everything. It'll destroy a house or car in several years.

I guess if I want another C/C I better head for the Keys !

I understand the environment point 100%

It is an interesting boat though huh? ( I really wonder what the owner is asking )

Steve

gcarter
08-23-2005, 12:56 PM
It is an interesting boat though huh? ( I really wonder what the owner is asking )

Steve
Steve, it's funny you should ask. Jim and I were talking about that.
His recollection was that he wouldn't give it away. Maybe he wouldn't turn down a reasonable offer. And I don't know what that means.

Morgan's Cloud
08-23-2005, 01:21 PM
My guess is that when someone says they 'are'nt going to give something away' its means that generally speaking the public are'nt going to like the asking price !

Pity ... Judging by the state of the boat the owner's interest is no longer there... and I bet there is more than a couple of people around who'd like to take it on...

Unfortunately my hands are full at the moment :biggrin: