PDA

View Full Version : An O **** What Plug an embarrising!!!!

MOP
08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
You guessed it I tried to sink the Beast while still hooked to the trailer, was in a hurry and BSing with John backed the Beast in was just about to un hook from the trailer and realized it was in without the plug. See what happens when you don't have your sweetie along to remind :garfield:

Did a quick pull out ran over my bow line :kaioken: skinned the nice red covering :( let the boat drain was it was not much "The Chinese Fire Drill" went well :) Launch attempt 2 went with out a hitch thanks to John and his buddy Doug!

Now onto the good/bad parts "Best" part I met up with Jstokes with his sharp looking Red 18 and Mike from Shelter Island also came with his teal 18 two nice looking boats.
I think Johns boat will be 70+ boat when propped right, he has a setup similar to one of Rootsy's past stages, SS drive and a worked 350 it has some HONK to it. He could have run away from me but held it back at high 5's man needs more prop!
Mikes boat looks like a mini Dr Dan, it is a 93 OMC boat with the factory hump hatch which John was drooling over, Mike is drooling over hitting 60 with his 351.
OK what else a few speed runs only thing the Beast would not go, felt real strong low and mid range but could not hit 60. Looked the motor, raised the drive all looked OK. Another run same thing, now my mind is spinning what is wrong.
For S&G I fiddled with the carb secondary linkage looked and felt fine, tried it again it came alive best run 65.3 best run ever. Need to check into the carb.
It was race night for the local sailors :boat: they had about 30 boats including a couple I used to race against.
The Donzi's were like angry hornets racing around the blow boats, we stayed pretty well clear they did not seem to mind the extra entertainment.
I found out there are quite a few more unknown Donzi' running around our area, will have to do a little rcocon!
All in all we had a great evening and will try for Sunday at Robins Island maybe some Peconic Bay Donzi site lurkers will show up.

MOP

Trueser
08-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Phil,

Did you get that speed with the Cleaver?

Give me a call in the morning.

Mike

MOP
08-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Yes it was with your soon to be my cleaver, it works very well at speed. It does handle good up top it is just spooky at low to mid range. Seat time helps, I watch my throttle changes more closely and hold the wheel still and straight when getting on plane.

Phil

txtaz
08-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey Phil, Don't feel bad. When Jenn and I went out the other day, I almost backed in without removeing straps, cockpit cover or putting in the plug. She what effect that cutie has on me....
Wes

Pismo
08-20-2005, 06:40 AM
There is an easy solution to all of these problems, don't take the plug out, don't use tie down straps, treat it like a marina quick launch boat. In and out in no time with no trouble.