PDA

View Full Version : Another sad St. Tropez

gcarter
08-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Jim Collins (Catch 22) emailed me these pictures taken down in the keys. I think maybe this one has perhaps gone too far.
Jim might be able to shed a little more light on the location, etc.

Morgan's Cloud
08-17-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for those pics George .

That just put the price of mine up a bit :biggrin.:

The hull sure is Hornet/St Tropez but the deck and liner are all wonky ... to the point where it transcends someone's 'handi-work' done ages ago in a backyard somewhere. The console appears to be right though.

At least it has'nt been converted to an outboard huh ? LOL

Steve

Morgan's Cloud
08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Something bothers me about that hull.....

And you're not referring to the condition ... I'm guessing ?

Steve

Morgan's Cloud
08-17-2005, 12:01 PM
No, that flat ass disturbs me......

Your back from Holiday I see.. The tropics have calmed down :D :D

Do you mean the transom :bonk: ?

The hull is definitely right ... notice the hook in the bottom where the outer strake tapers down as it nears the transom ? Identical to the one in my yard ...so happens .

The deck and floor unit are very wrong though. But the console is right ....
What is going on here ?

Ahh . Yes , the Atlantic basin has calmed down nicely in the last 10 days or so.

Go on holiday with one coming .. have another pass by while on vacation .. go back to work with another nearing ... I'd hate to think that by the time end of October comes we're going to be on the "T" ,"U" or "V" names .

Steve

Morgan's Cloud
08-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey , don't worry about the boat 'overall' ... remember, fiberglass is infinitely repairable . :tongue:

Yes, you could be onto something here , re. a clone .

The floor unit and deck .. especially at the rear of the boat are nothing at all like the one in my yard .(In more ways than one ).

ps , It's nice to have a St T thread without hi-jacking someone elses 'prop thread' :D

Mercrewser
08-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey , don't worry about the boat 'overall' ... remember, fiberglass is infinitely repairable . :tongue:

Yes, you could be onto something here , re. a clone .

The floor unit and deck .. especially at the rear of the boat are nothing at all like the one in my yard .(In more ways than one ).

ps , It's nice to have a St T thread without hi-jacking someone elses 'prop thread' :D

That wasnt your boat on Ebay that I posted about was it? The one with the outboard? If so, I have nothing against eggbeaters, I have a 2hp one on the back of my sailboat. ;)

Ted Guldemond
08-17-2005, 08:10 PM
The combing on the inside of the deck is shorter in height than usual. The combing is missing the lower ridge. I dont believe they ever used an aluminium molding around the edge either. Also there appears to be molded fiberglass steps on both sides of the engine??

sparepartz
08-17-2005, 08:39 PM
thank goodness its a P&D pop!!! :yippie:

Morgan's Cloud
08-18-2005, 01:32 PM
That wasnt your boat on Ebay that I posted about was it? The one with the outboard? If so, I have nothing against eggbeaters, I have a 2hp one on the back of my sailboat. ;)

LOL ....

No, no , I was'nt even thinking about that e-bay reference ...

It's a local joke out here in our neck of the woods amongst classic boat freaks.

Probably applies for you guys too .

Steve