PDA

View Full Version : Six in a 16'!

Tony
08-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Six people in my Ski Sporter on Torch Lake last weekend, and we had a blast. I even had enough PFD's! My son and his girlfriend joined us all weekend, while my nephew and his girlfriend joined us for a couple hours, on the sandbar and at the Dockside for dinner.

I met Randy (gold-n-rod) and his loaded '03 16'...great guy and a sweet boat. This is a spectacular lake, the pictures cannot illustrate the aqua water...it is beautiful!

Moody Blu'
08-16-2005, 08:18 PM
tony that boat is beautiful, love the red

The Hedgehog
08-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Six people in my Ski Sporter on Torch Lake last weekend, and we had a blast. I even had enough PFD's! My son and his girlfriend joined us all weekend, while my nephew and his girlfriend joined us for a couple hours, on the sandbar and at the Dockside for dinner.

I met Randy (gold-n-rod) and his loaded '03 16'...great guy and a sweet boat. This is a spectacular lake, the pictures cannot illustrate the aqua water...it is beautiful!

Six in the 16 at the 4th of July fireworks show at Lake Martin AL. Afterwards we rescued a few in a swamped deckboat by Kowliga. Deckboats.

The following party was even better. We had to put up the Donzi first!

gold-n-rod
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Tony, in order of my favorite activities on Sunday:

10. Getting back on Torch after a 5 or 6 year hiatus.
9. The pounding ride back north to the county park launch ramp.
8. Meeting Mark, a new Classic 22 owner @ the sandbar and sharing his enthusiasm for being a new Donzi owner.
7. Roaring WOT down the lake at 10 am in the FAC water.
6. Talking about my Dons-eye with the lady at the sandbar.
5. Taking a short cruise up both the Clam and Torch rivers..... way cool!
4. Putt-putting past the folks on the deck at the Dockside and having them stop and swivel at the loud, little hot rod passing by.....
3. The cloudless sky and 80* temps that emerged from the weatherman's dire and gloomy forecast.
2. Sending photos via my phone to the guy who was supposed to accompany me and pimped out at the last minute.

And, the number one favorite activity of my day at Torch Lake.....

Meeting you and your family. It certainly was a pleasure hanging out with y'all and I look forward to another opportunity.

Randy

roadtrip se
08-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Looks fantastic Tony and gang!

Call me next time you plan a trip up there.

gold-n-rod
08-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Looks fantastic Tony and gang!

Call me next time you plan a trip up there.

I'd like to go on record as being willing to arrange a Torch weekend or a Crystal weekend any time the Michigan (or Madcow) gang wishes. I am partial to the Crystal adventure because I have a place there and can more easily arrange the details...... but I can swing either way.

It is 4-5 hours for the Detroit metro guys, but hey, it beats Kentucky or Florida for a tow.

Just say the word. And if you want to help........ bring it on.

CHACHI
08-17-2005, 06:39 AM

I met Randy (gold-n-rod) and his loaded '03 16'...great guy and a sweet boat. This is a spectacular lake, the pictures cannot illustrate the aqua water...it is beautiful!Tony, EXCELLENT, like everyone enjoyed themselves. Say hello to your bride and when do you go back to work? Ken

Brad Lyon
08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Are we to assume that is "Another Randy" AKA "Gold-N-Rod" wearing the State tee shirt? Any more pictures????

Brad

gold-n-rod
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Are we to assume that is "Another Randy" AKA "Gold-N-Rod" wearing the State tee shirt? Any more pictures????

Brad

No, I think that would be Tony's nephew. I have more hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin.: