PDA

View Full Version : Changing boat color scheme from red to blue?

zimm17
08-16-2005, 09:42 AM
I have a red '88 22' classic. The red stripe is fading again and it was obviously wet sanded before because it's worn through to the white on some edges. I'm toying with the idea of having the stripe painted blue. Any done that before? I wonder what it would cost?

Anyone know a good paint place in the gulf coast area?

The waterline looks like vinyl, so that would be easy to change over to blue.

The carpet would be easy to order form built-rite.

The seats are white with red piping. Can piping be swapped out easily or will the whole seat need be torn apart? I have no idea how piping is attached.

I love blue- need a blue boat!

olredalert
08-16-2005, 11:16 AM
--------The seats are your only expensive part. I might suggest doing your blue stripe with a red 3/8" pinstripe along either side.The boot stripe could be done in a similar manner. I have seen this done and it looks really good. Very patriotic! That way you wouldnt necessarily have to change the red piping on your seats as it would all work together with the blue carpet to offset it..........Bill S

boldts
08-17-2005, 05:35 PM
If you switch to blue, I have a complete 22 interior in white with royal blue piping. I'm asking $500 plus shipping to FL. complete and can supply some picks if you like. 10% goes to the Registry also.