PDA

View Full Version : The Glen today

gcarter
08-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Elaine ande I took the day off (when was the last time that happened?) and went to Silver Glen Springs.
The idea we had was to go early and have it to ourselves. We almost made it. When we arrived there were only seven boats there. We beached the boat on the South side of the run, and anchored in the shade. It was a great day. We brought a couple of Subways and had a very relaxing time. About 2:00 we left and ran across Lake George to the Southern entrance to the river.
At the mouth of the river, we saw a fish boat having a problem and was trying to run upstream with only the trolling motor. So we threw them a line and towed them to the ramp we launched at in Astor. They offered to buy us gas but I suggested they get their outboard fixed!! :yes:
Does this story remind anyone of other board members? :biggrin:
I just hope it never happens to me!!! :yes:

ChromeGorilla
08-15-2005, 06:12 PM
George, I'm jealous. Looks really peacefull on a weekday. We went yesterday and it was extremely packed. We are going this Saturday as well.

Cuda
08-15-2005, 07:55 PM
That's the spirit George! Slacking during the middle of the week. That's why we have you as King of the Outlaw Seadogs. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cuda
08-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Does this story remind anyone of other board members? :biggrin:
I just hope it never happens to me!!! :yes:
What are you trying to say. :banghead: :embarasse

gcarter
08-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Joe, you don't hold a candle to Fish Boy.
BTW, that rope does get pretty stiff.

gcarter
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Just before we left, a 20+ft. Checkmate idled in. As he passed, we waved, and he ignored us, although his girlfriend waved.
After we got underway, we circled the run, and Mr. Hotshot Checkmate was anchoring his boat. We waved again. He turned around the other way and found something to do facing the other way. His girlfriend waved again though.
Some people never know when they're in the presence of greatness!!! ;)

Cuda
08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah well, he owns a Checkmate... That says a lot... :boggled::boggled:

Oh, wait a minute... OOOPS.....

Picking it up tomorrow at 1 pm at Sandlake and I-4. :biggrin.:

Cuda
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Some people never know when they're in the presence of greatness!!! ;)
We need to get you a Donzi Regal Sceptre, so the masses will know who you are. :biggrin.: :hyper:

ChromeGorilla
08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Cool..

I made an offer...

Waiting :) :)

LOL, I love it....... :uzi:

Cuda
08-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Cool..

I made an offer...

Waiting :) :)
Ok now, quit teasing. Whatcha after?