PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Corsican in Mich ?

Sam
08-15-2005, 12:15 PM
While out fishing yesterday on Lk St Clair I saw a very nice yellow Corsican blow by. It was had " Gotch Ya" painted on the side. Anyone know of this boat.

Sam

mphatc
08-15-2005, 09:36 PM
No, but if you ever see em again, see if you can get the owners info.

I'm building a data base of all the known Corsicans. Bill might know who this is.

TIA,
Mario

Sam
08-15-2005, 09:45 PM
I was on a poontoon boat so there was no chance of chasing him. But you can bet if I see him while in my Donzi I will get the info :biggrin.: .

olredalert
08-15-2005, 11:03 PM
---------Yup,,,,,,Ridden in it! Had several beers with the owner and just cant remember his name at the moment,,,,,,maybe Kenny. Hes a neighbor of Kravens, but hasnt had the boat in the water for several years because of low water and lack-o-moola. This is the 427 Holman-Moody V-drive boat I have mentioned before. His dad or uncle (cant remember which) bought the boat brand new. Its had 3 engine rebuilds (the last at Dynamic Speed and Marine). Boat runs good and probably hits about 60. It is in pretty darn good overall shape.
---------Ill get the serial number for you, Mario. He is also a solid candidate for one of your windshields as his is hopelessly smoky, but I know hes laid off and he seems short on funds, except at Browns. LOL!!!!..........Bill S

---------P.S. Also finally had a ride in Kravens boat the other day. What a great, fast, solid boat. Seems to handle so much better than my Corsican. I am in need of a prop change, I believe.....

KRAVEN
08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Boat belongs to Kennny and lives 4 cottages down from me.His dad bought the boat new as Bill stated.1969 427 H/M v-drive.Got to ride in Bill's Corisican,a big differance from my 18.Great power w/trs drive and can be quite a handfull above 65.Thanks for the ride Bill. :eek!:

Sam
08-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Well...........there you go :smile: .

mphatc
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Kraven,
So how far over 65 does Bill's boat run? . . Can it see 70?

Bill,
What is your present prop? I was running a Mirage 23P LH with my Bravo and couldn't stand it . Poodle lent me a labbed 23P LH 4 blade Hydromotive Quad IV . . . boat is now easy to drive, and handles much better!

Mario

olredalert
08-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Mario,

-----Corsican still has the cleaver it was sold new with so Im loosing some top-end. It chine-walks toward the limit so Im just not sure where Im at. It is at least 70, and once I reprop and dial out the stupid stuff I think it will run around 72/73. Hopefully a bit more. It is still accellerating very hard at 65. I have the odd 1:33 ratio TRS on this boat so prop comparisons are tuff. Bill Smith at Smiths Propellor in Algonac is going to do some work with me tomorrow on the prop issue. He seems to think that by my description there is a bunch left on the table right now!..........Bill S