PDA

View Full Version : Silent Choice

barrukis1
08-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Recently purchased a 95 22 classic with silent choice, it seems that if I switch the exhaust back and fourth more than 5 times ( coming in and out of the bay where it is kept) it wants to stay in the off position. I can hold the switch and it will stay thru transom but automatically goes back to closed position when i release it. Is this common? If the boat sits for a few hours its ok but will repeat itself after about 4-5 times of turning the thru transom off. Since the boat is new to me, I am in and out of the bay several times in one afternoon, everyone wants a ride in the Donzi. Any input would be helpful. Thank you

Greg
08-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I think that the silent choice is run by an air compressor. Check for leaks.

goatee
08-14-2005, 07:42 PM
or,,,, just let that baby roar!!!! :biggrin.:

Pismo
08-15-2005, 06:20 AM
It is run by compressed air, the default is thru prop so look for leaks allowing it the bleed off back to the thru prop position. The switch turns on the air pump to go thru hull.

scott snider
08-15-2005, 08:27 AM
:wrench: If you checked air system and the cylinders and nothing is leaking. Disconnect the cylinders by removing the clevis pins. The activation arms and shafts should open and close very freely. If there is any drag or binding the shafts will need to be removed then you can clean the shafts and bushings. The easiest way to do it at this point would be to remove deverters remove the butterflies and pull the shafts out.Look inside the deverters sometimes a groove gets worn into the casting where the valves shut this will also cause the valves to get stuck closed.This should get sanded out with a die grinder and a sanding roll,inspect clean or replace shafts and bushings reassemble and install. Good Luck :hyper: