PDA

View Full Version : Auctions time limits for new server?

MOP
08-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Hope this poll thing works!

Just an opinion! I think the time limit of 1 week is a bit short, it is summer and I think unless a member is a regular he may not check in except with a problem so many will miss out on some very good opportunities to grab some great stuff.

Phil / MOP

onesubdrvr
08-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Hope this poll thing works!

Just an opinion! I think the time limit of 1 week is a bit short, it is summer and I think unless a member is a regular he may not check in except with a problem so many will miss out on some very good opportunities to grab some great stuff.

Phil / MOP
Even better, how about 1 week with no change in max bid?

Wayne

Cuda
08-12-2005, 09:33 PM
I think it should be a silent type auction. People should email or pm their bids, then just the amount is posted. This so someone doesn't take it personal if someone outbids them on something, or on the other hand, keep a price low for a buddy. Just an idea.

Ed Donnelly
08-12-2005, 10:41 PM
No such thing as a buddy when bidding.
Last year when we had the bidding war on the medallions,
it was truely evil. Boy, that was some fun.
Knowing who you are bidding against makes it even more fun.
I am sure there are others like me that bid on everything, just to get more money for the registry. Sometimes I even win.........Ed

txtaz
08-13-2005, 01:04 AM
My thought was to put out a different item each day over the next week or two depending on how many items were donated. This way if someone was on vacation, they would catch at least part of it.

Wayne, What do you mean "no change in max bid"?

Wes

onesubdrvr
08-13-2005, 03:24 AM
My thought was to put out a different item each day over the next week or two depending on how many items were donated. This way if someone was on vacation, they would catch at least part of it.

Wayne, What do you mean "no change in max bid"?

Wes
What I mean is the bids stop going up,.... 1 week with no change in the highest offer, I think with that, everyone will have seen it, lets say that on day 5 the bid gets to $75.00 for the Chris Craft book, that offer of $75.00 would have to stand for 7 days without being increased, then closed / paid / shipped thus the auction would last for 12 days.

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
08-13-2005, 06:51 AM
I have to agree with Ed. The open bidding does bring a fun element into it. And one really should not feel slighted or spited if outbid. Remember, it's not about what your getting, it's about raising $$ for a site we love. :wavey: I'm still wainting for one of you tightwads to come in over my head on the Chris Craft book...... :uzi:

MOP
08-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Wayne you are mean! :D You want some poor winner to sweat a week wondering if he will get clobbered! :kyle:

onesubdrvr
08-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Wayne you are mean! :D You want some poor winner to sweat a week wondering if he will get clobbered! :kyle:
That's rights!! :D , and like you mentioned, it gives those that don't visit very often to see it / bid on it / etc. - but maybe a week is a little long!?

MOP
08-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Wayne I was hoping for two weeks but I can see most like one week. And it seems to be going pretty well, we just need more guys to cough up parts, memorabilia, or throw in a few bucks. The dedicated server is the hot ticket, the site would no longer have to worry about a second parties server problems.

Phil

onesubdrvr
08-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Wayne I was hoping for two weeks but I can see most like one week. And it seems to be going pretty well, we just need more guys to cough up parts, memorabilia, or throw in a few bucks. The dedicated server is the hot ticket, the site would no longer have to worry about a second parties server problems.

Phil
I agree,

I need to tally up my used parts sales and donate my %10 (and more if I can), I've given before (not alot mind you), but what is offered here, the friendships, the information, the community, are all priceless!! And I know I was going through withdrawls while it was down.

Wayne