PDA

View Full Version : Which prop gives more bow lift ???

Lenny
08-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Cleaver, 4 blade, 3 blade, rake, cup etc ???

I want a bit more than my ULTRA is giving me and the SOLAS gives me far less than the Ultra. I would like to pick it up another 1-2" at front.

MOP
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Lenny I went round & round with this subject playing wioth the BH, all say rake produces the most lift. My prop guy kept beating into me, though I did not follow up with the big bucks for custom BH wheels. I even looked at old Johnson outboard training videos on bass boat propping it showed the speed and running angle of with various speed props, high rake wheels were able to carry the bow better. Most have trolling motora sna fish chairs forward and need the extra lift. You would be surprised how many bass boats can walk away from all but the fastest Donzi's.

Phil

blackhawk
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
You would be surprised how many bass boats can walk away from all but the fastest Donzi's.

Phil

Yep until the waves get bigger than 6"!!! :rolleyes: :biggrin.:

From what I have researched I agree a high rake prop gives the best lift.

smoothie
08-10-2005, 06:17 AM
As a general rule cleaver type props,like a 4 blade hydromotive will lift the stern while round ear with cup like a bravo one will lift the bow with a standard outdrive... I would guess the rules change with different set-ups, x-dim,etc,etc.