PDA

View Full Version : Speedo pickup broke.....

BLACKIE
08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Last time out my speedo was working OK. Sometime during the run it quit. After pulling the boat out of the water I discovered the speedo pickup bent back obviously I hit something in the water. When I started moving it down a piece of plastic fell out. It appears that it was in the mechanism that provides pressure to hold the pickup in position. I put it back in and it seems OK but I'm sure it will come apart as soon as I run the boat again. (See the pictures).

OK, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I did some searching on the web and could not find anything that looks like mine. I saw some cool stainless steel models that were designed to bend back when struck by debris and return to the correct position. Can something like this be used? Will it work with my stock speedometer? All the other models have different mounting screw patterns. What do you use to patch the holes correctly?

The only writing on the pickup was "Medallion Instrument", "Part # B-1054". I could not find anything like that during my web searching.

Any ideas......Lost in Michigan...... :embarasse :embarasse

marcdups
08-09-2005, 01:32 PM
contact bullet boats at 865 577 7055, medallion stopped making those years back and bullet bought what they had left, just got off the phone with them and theyhave it in stock, @ $ 40.00, hope this helps.

txtaz
08-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Try
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|311|314195|314586&id=200755

BLACKIE
08-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Problem solved, I bought two so as to have a spare. Thanks guys...... :biggrin: :biggrin:

marcdups
08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
now you will never need another one