PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about eBay.....

gold-n-rod
08-04-2005, 09:31 PM
There is absolutely nothing to govern the bull**** meter..... It's on full speed ahead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-2004-DONZI-CLASSIC-18-65-MPH-GO-FAST_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63685QQitemZ456599 6890QQrdZ1

This is the kind of crap that occurs: "PLEASE NOTE!!!! I will not allow boat to leave my passion until payment is CLEARED and boat has been test run on trailer."

Hell, my boat doesn't "leave my passion" either, but what's that have to do with a sales deal???????????????

This kind of abuse should be reported to eBay, but hey, they don't care.

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Randy, just because the guy is an idiot and can't spell worth a chit doesn't mean the auction isn't legit. Does the guy come off like an idiot with the grammatical mistakes in the ad, yes. I wouldn't necessarily call it abuse. Hey, he souldn't spell possesion .......no biggie... ;) :chillpill

Now the $50 to sea trial... :bonk: ...well...... :wink:

Cuda
08-04-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't see why his ad should be turned in to ebay.

gold-n-rod
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Randy, just because the guy is an idiot and can't spell worth a chit doesn't mean the auction isn't legit. Does the guy come off like an idiot with the grammatical mistakes in the ad, yes. I wouldn't necessarily call it abuse. Hey, he souldn't spell possesion .......no biggie... ;) :chillpill

Now the $50 to sea trial... :bonk: ...well...... :wink:

True, you can't legislate idoicy, but the two boat thing confuses things and the second 80 mph 18 footer.... what's up with that????? I just think the whole listing is playing fast and loose with the facts.......... grammar and spelling notwithstanding.

I still think he's a bull****ter and having been burned by an ebay bull****ter, I have NO patience for that.

gcarter
08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Explain why you're so upset Randy.
I agree w/ CG and Joe.

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
As far as he over 80 thing. The guy probably doesnt know any better. Probably has old POS water pick up speedo that may have read "80" and to him thats 80. Probably much lower yes. And if you bought his boat believing the 80, well you deserve that boat.....catch my drift....

Cuda
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
The guy does have a 100% positive feedback with 73 transactions.

gold-n-rod
08-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Explain why you're so upset Randy.
I agree w/ CG and Joe.

#1. Uses 2004 to indicate model year..... not true.
#2. Uses one listing for 2 boats...... only confuses matters.
#3. Uses the "poor widow and kids" ploy to ply bidders.
#4. An 80 mph boat? Prove it..........
#5. Oh yeah, it will cost $50 to see if he's full of ****.
#6. Spelling and grammar is confusing at best..... misleading at worst.
#7. Doesn't pass my "smell test."

Need more?

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Now the thing on EBAY that really chaps my ass, and it's alot of ass my friend, is when someone lists a Mariah and the title reads...

"25' MARIAH, NOT DONZI, FORMULA, FOUNTAIN, SCARAB, CIGARETTE"

So if any of those words are searched this POS mariah pops up....

OR

"1981 MUSTANG, Not Corvette, Porsche, Camaro, firebird"

I really hate that ****.

ChromeGorilla
08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Gotta remember, there are some truly dumb people out there. Hard to believe, but some people are extremely unrefined as far as communication skills, written, typed or spoken.

gcarter
08-04-2005, 10:09 PM
It's just like anything else, you have to have your eyes open.
BTW, I read somewhere there were over 100000 people earning a living on eBay who were previously on welfare.
I personally like eBay, warts and all. I think I saved $4-$5K in parts building my boat. And yeah, I've made mistakes, but I'm still glad it's there. :smile:

p729lws
08-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I hate it when my boat leaves my passion... :incredibl

[QUOTE=gold-n-rod]
This is the kind of crap that occurs: "PLEASE NOTE!!!! I will not allow boat to leave my passion until payment is CLEARED and boat has been test run on trailer."

gold-n-rod
08-04-2005, 10:18 PM
It's just like anything else, you have to have your eyes open.
BTW, I read somewhere there were over 100000 people earning a living on eBay who were previously on welfare.
I personally like eBay, warts and all. I think I saved $4-$5K in parts building my boat. And yeah, I've made mistakes, but I'm still glad it's there. :smile:

Oh, I agree about the eyes open comment.

The 100K welfare people "earning a living on eBay" sounds like something Dubya would say after yet another manufacturing plant leaves for Me-he-co.

I've gotten some good items from eBay, too. But I've also been ripped off to the tune of $175 by a shady seller. Buyer beware.

picklefish
08-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Check out where the boat/seller is located. Shady Side?

gold-n-rod
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Check out where the boat/seller is located. Shady Side?

Very prophetic.

Formula Jr
08-05-2005, 02:11 AM
You've never been to Shady Side Maryland, have you.
They all talk like that. ;)

Plus, he's looking out for his x-sister in law so probably doesn't know how to handle the sale without being overly protective.