PDA

View Full Version : Another 27 ZX thread...

Last Real Texan
08-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Well I went today and water tested the twin step 27 ZX.... Keep in mind this was a 97 model with a Merc Racing HP 500 EFI. It was swinging a 26 pitch 4 blade bravo prop and would not turn more than 4800 revs....Seems kind of strange to me, but that is neither here nor there. The ride was good no speedo or gps to use today I forgot it but seemed to be pretty good. The boat was somewhat of a pig coming out of the hole, and mid range accelleration was not steller either. Boat had 1/2 tank of fuel and 3 of us on board. All in all it seemed good , really a nice boat. I liked the fact thact it had a silent coice exhaust and when cruising it was not to loud, but push up over 3500 open the exhaust and it sounds good. Motor has headers and open exhaust. All in all I was happy and made an offer on it. We shall see what they say....

The performance, I am assuming it has to much prop on it and I think a 24 pitch 3 blade hydromotive may work better. What do the prop guru's think? Frank are you reading this.:biggrin: http://www2.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/766DSC03036.JPG

Bryan

Cuda
08-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Yep, I'd say too much prop. The 500 should turn 5250 I think. It would come out of the hole much faster too.

olemissalum
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't think it is too much prop. My 26ZX had a labbed 26P and a 502MPI would turn it at 5000RPM's. Have the compression tested on the motor before buying. Good luck as it's a good looking boat!!!!

Mr X
08-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Hmmm, single step....

Has it been painted or is it original colors from the factory?
Is that the one that was for sale in Michigan last year?

Last Real Texan
08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Hmmm, single step....

Has it been painted or is it original colors from the factory?
Is that the one that was for sale in Michigan last year?

No it has been in Ny then GA for the past few years . the hull is a twin step and the graphcs I believe are in gel.....I think I may have finally got the deal worked out....cross fingers, but if not I have another boat in Fla I am working on as well.

Bryan

Mr X
08-09-2005, 08:07 AM
It sure is pretty! If you pass on it, I would like the info on it. Good luck!!

Last Real Texan
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
It sure is pretty! If you pass on it, I would like the info on it. Good luck!!

Mr X give me a PM And I will get you the info.....I can not seem to get the deal worked out...Broker involved , I know they need to make money but I hate it when they hold a sale up when the buyer wants to buy and the seller wants to sell but the broker gets his cut and makes the deal un-doable...Sucks.
Back to the search

Bryan

Mr X
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Mr X give me a PM And I will get you the info.....I can not seem to get the deal worked out...Broker involved , I know they need to make money but I hate it when they hold a sale up when the buyer wants to buy and the seller wants to sell but the broker gets his cut and makes the deal un-doable...Sucks.
Back to the search

Bryan

Bryan,
my PM is not working, please email me: tedwork@tampabay.rr.com
Thank you!