PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Quiet Plus w/Mufflers (switchable)

hyperlite98
08-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Can anyone tell me what the approximate cost is of an install for the Quick and Quiet plus? I am looking into the purchase of a Classic 18 w/5.7 Aplha that only has the thru prop.

thanks,
Jeff

Barry Phillips
08-03-2005, 03:40 PM
My 22 did not have through hull exhaust either, what was the dealer thinking? I would need the invoice on the boat to be sure because I was also considering Captain’s Call, which is also switchable but dose not employ mufflers. I think the Quick & Quite Plus ran about $2,000.00 US, installed on my 22. I’m not sure what the noise laws are in Toronto, but if you can, don’t bother with Quick & Quite Plus, go for the Quick & Quite because on my 496 with exhaust open is just not that loud. You can save a lot of money without installing the switch able hardware. One tip the switch supplied with the kit looks cheesy and has a huge black bezel, normally installed to right of the helm or on the right side near your leg. My 22 being 02-model dose not have the Monsters, so it has the white dash plate with the Gaffrig 2s. The dealer installed a toggle switch in the dash above the key switch, nice location. I replaced the toggle with a nice tapered bezel, which looks even better. If you have Monsters the pewter military style toggle will match your pewter gauge bezels. The only problem will be your dash thickness.

Good luck BP.

joseph m. hahnl
08-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Can anyone tell me what the approximate cost is of an install for the Quick and Quiet plus? I am looking into the purchase of a Classic 18 w/5.7 Aplha that only has the thru prop.

thanks,
Jeff

i put the gibson clamp on muffler tips on my minx. there was'nt any noticible
power loss they took 60 seconds to install. you can still use your flappers .they cost $300.00 per pair. and best of all they came with a piece of paper that says i am in complience of the decible law.

if your going to put thru the hull exhaust in you would need to cut holes thru your transom bolt on exhaust tips and remove the elboes and hoses that go down to the prop. and put on a straight rubber hose to the inside of the exhaust tip you would most likely have to block off the prop as not to get water in the boat. if you did it youself you could get out of it for cheap money

Woodsy
08-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Corsa makes a non-switchable Y-pipe as well. It allows the exhaust to go out the prop and thru the hull. No matter what way you go, your cutting your transom, not that big a deal. Just make sure you measure, repeatedely, and cut only once. Because you already have the Y-pipe that goes thru the transom plate, the install shouldn't be much more than $1000 - $1500

Woodsy

BUIZILLA
08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Corsa makes a non-switchable Y-pipe as well. It allows the exhaust to go out the prop and thru the hull. I put this setup on my Formula and it worked out great.

JH

fasttrucker
08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Ive got my set of corsaca Quick+Quiet off my 1998 502.Ive like to sell them.Asking $700.MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!! :)

Greg
08-09-2005, 07:49 AM
There is a set for sale in the "Parts For Sale" section on this site.