PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Sweet 16 302 H/M

Just Say N20
08-03-2005, 08:30 AM
About 50 minutes left. Lowered reserve to $5,101, so next bid could take it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565054107&fromMakeTrack=true

Just Say N20
08-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Man, 10 minutes left! If I bought this, I would so be in trouble, but an H/M 16 for $5,101!?!

lakeside
08-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Man, 10 minutes left! If I bought this, I would so be in trouble, but an H/M 16 for $5,101!?!

Snooze you lose

Just Say N20
08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I was constantly refreshing during the last 3 minutes. I really want an 18, but for that price, a 16 was really looking attractive.

This guy bid in the last 5 seconds, and got it. Is Ibself1 anyone from the board?

$5,200 for this boat seems almost as amazing to me as when the racing Hornet (that appeared to be in horrible shape) went for over $10K.

LBSELF1
08-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I am the person that bought the boat. I looked at it a couple days before the bidding closed. It was about 1/2 mile from where I work. I did not intend to buy the boat but like yall, when I realized it was going to sell for $5200 I couldn't pass it up. The reason I waited until the very last second was because I thought the bidding would start in the last minute or so but it never did. I did a lot of research between the time I looked at the boat and the time I bought it. It is in excellent mechanical condition and interior is real good. Bottom and sides are also real good. Top of boat needs paint and I have been talking with someone from this forum about the difference in gel coat and paint. Hatch cover has had a round hole cut out right above carb and has been fixed back but needs to be done right. The top has minor flaking and a few bubbles in the paint. Sorry for writing so much but I am a new Donzi owner and very excited about it. I posted a similiar post earlier but the computer glitch caused everything in the last few days to be deleted so I redid it.
A Happy Hillbilly in Alabama

I was constantly refreshing during the last 3 minutes. I really want an 18, but for that price, a 16 was really looking attractive.

This guy bid in the last 5 seconds, and got it. Is Ibself1 anyone from the board?

$5,200 for this boat seems almost as amazing to me as when the racing Hornet (that appeared to be in horrible shape) went for over $10K.

Just Say N20
08-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Congratulations! Glad to have you as part of the DONZI family. That boat is VERY similar to one a great friend of mine has out in Vermont. If you have half the fun with it that he has had with his, you just got the bargin of the century:biggrin.:.