PDA

View Full Version : Race Photos

Jim Powell
05-03-2001, 02:13 PM
Has anyone on the board every tried too get their hands on prints of some of the photos that appear in the book "Don Aronow: The King of Thunderboat Row"? After looking up the photo credits and finding ACME PHOTO and John Crouse Associates, I did a search and came up empty. No big surprise, photos are only 30+ years old. In addition, I contacted Write Stuff Syndicate (Publisher) and asked if they might be able to provide assistance. Based on a written request, they might be able to give me information regarding the "rights holder". Either way not looking to promising - any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

harbormaster
05-03-2001, 03:26 PM
Contact Ed Hodgkinson at fasteddie@lgdonziclassic.com.
He know John Crouse and speaks to him frequently. I have met John and he is quite the "colorful" fellow.

You can get Ed's phone number off the Lake George website. www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com)

superhatz
05-03-2001, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I've often wondered if there is anywhere to get old offshore race posters (reprints). Racecar posters are all over the place. Do they sell them at offshore races?