PDA

View Full Version : The fastest boat in the country!

Mr X
08-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Can be YOURS!

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/4/80348244.htm

ChromeGorilla
08-02-2005, 05:43 PM
LOL. When he had it on EBAY it was listed as the fastest 22 in the world... :garfield:

Sagbay32
08-02-2005, 09:01 PM
It looks like that pic was taken at Maceday Lake. I bet it couldn't see 60mph on a lake that small (419 acres). I would however love to see it try :propeller

Mike

DonCig
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I have a challenge for the members of the Donzi registry. Would somebody in the Michigan area go take a look at this boat.
I talked to the owner yesterday, and here is what I can relate.
The owner is Tom Wilhelm, who resides on a private lake in Waterford, MI. It is a small lake who has a list of the Detroit families that reads like a list of the "Old Industrial Empire."
Tom states that he has owned Donzis for his whole life and that he had this boat custom built by the factory with an open checkbook in his hand. He states that he has all the paperwork from Donzi to illustrate the extra glass reinforcement that he ordered, along with specifying the type of glass and resin to be used. He stated that everything from the stringers to the glass were custom ordered on this boat. Tom told me that he has a house in Florida next to Mike Livorsi's house. Tom was knowledgeable about all of the extras that this boat had or currently has. This is the second engine in this boat. It is a bow tie big block with a 7.5 psi procharger putting out around 840 HP. The Blackhawk drive is a 1:50 ratio turning 32.5" Spinelli masaged BH props. max. rpm is 6,000 which equates out to a theoretical top end of 123 mph and a possible top speed of 101-111 mph when account for prop slip, provided the 840 hp is able to push the boat that fast. Tom admits that he has not taken it to the limit. Tom stated that he has a new 2005 42' Donzi and just turned his 38ZR over to Shogren for sale. Tom also stated that he was going to use the money from the sale of this boat as a start on some nicer engines on his 42'. I told Tom that 9 months ago I would have flown to MI to inspect this boat. It is my favorite color (White) with no windshield. Tom has been recently ticketed by the local water police on his local lake for noise violations, even after installing mufflers on this boat. As a true Donzi fan, he stated that the locals would like for him to dump this boat for an old classic wooden boat with underwater exhaust. Tom indicated that a nice calssic wooden boat with a hemi and Zoomie pipes might be just the ticket to wake up the old blue bloods on Sunday morning. I have run into my share of promoters and boisterous salespeople thru the years, but I have always found that a trip to inspect the goods usually settles all doubts. So which one of us is going to make the drive to Northwest Detroit to check this boat out? I have a $30,000 bid on this boat if it proves to be a nice and sound as the seller says it is. Does anybody want to be my buyers agent and ride in a fast 22?

Tom Wilhelms phone numbers:
Home 248-673-8365
Cell 248-891-1000

Sincerely,

DonCig

olredalert
08-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Don,

-------I met Tom last year on friday night before the Woodward cruise in a parking lot on Woodward. He was in an extremely nice 1971 or 2 502 powered Chevelle convertable. He was with his Dad and I felt at the time that he was a very straight forward honest engaging guy. I doubt if he mentioned it but he is also somewhat handicapped as he is confined to a wheelchair. He got that way in an incident in another DONZI. I wish I could help you by looking at the boat but for the next week at least I will have almost no spare time. I hope this short post will help you make your decision............Bill S

captainsae
08-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Just courious, what was the "incident"? In fact I've read of a few "incidents" where people were seriously hurt. It would be beneficial to know what happened to give everyone a heads up on what can happen in certain situations if they are not careful.

olredalert
08-03-2005, 08:56 AM
------We had just met and I didnt think it appropriate to go there........Bill S

roadtrip se
08-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Get an agreed upon price and I'll be happy to go take a look at it for you.

Getting in the thing and riding or running it is a whole other story.

RickSE
08-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Seems legit to me. Nice boat.

I thought it was posted a while back that he was in an accident while in or driving a well equipped 18C.

Ted, I thought you held the record for the fastest documented 22C? Where is that boat now anyways? Hope it's not still sitting at the Dodge dealership.

Sagbay32
08-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I am always in the area if you want me to shoot some pics of her for you.

I belive he lives on Woodhul lake (or used to).

Mike

gero1
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
trip don't worry about a driver, for the sake of this board and all its members i will come drive it and i will even pull it home and storage it( the out law boat races are comeing up the end of this month)

gero1
08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
how many rams are on this thing????????????????????

blackhawk
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
May not be the fastest boat in the country but I bet it's one fast azz 22! And I will be glad to take it for the test drive! :yes:

Mr X
08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Seems legit to me. Nice boat.

I thought it was posted a while back that he was in an accident while in or driving a well equipped 18C.

Ted, I thought you held the record for the fastest documented 22C? Where is that boat now anyways? Hope it's not still sitting at the Dodge dealership.

Rick,
the last I heard.......it was sold to a man in the northeast......like CN or MA..?

I think there is an SE with a whipple up there that might be faster than 93.5 now......not sure.

Mr X
08-18-2005, 09:08 PM
So, DonCig.....what was the outcome of this deal.....did you buy this boat??

roadtrip se
08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
So, DonCig.....what was the outcome of this deal.....did you buy this boat??

Offer stands to hook her up behind the new Ex and haul'er on down for the Texas Roundup.

Of course, there could be a slight tariff.

I have heard a rumor that an inspector has been hired. Still waiting on the test driver confirmation...

DonCig
08-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Patience is a virtue when it comes to buying anything marine related!

Don

Lenny
08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
COOL :yes: EVERYTHING I HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS BOAT WAS GOOD :) Time will tell.

Sounds like you just got yourself a MONSTER Don... :yes:

Mr X
08-19-2005, 06:45 AM
"I have heard a rumor that an inspector has been hired"

That explains a few things!! :biggrin:
COOL!

RickSE
08-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Patience is a virtue when it comes to buying anything marine related!

Don
So True. Just don't drag it out too long. I almost lost mine that way.

DonCig
11-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Rumor mill at work again.

This boat may be headed south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Donzigo
11-25-2005, 06:41 AM
OMG.....................sounds like it might be going to "Cuda-ville", all boats headed South seem to go through Cuda-ville..................so, anybody know what the speed limit is on the St. Johns River.

Cuda
11-28-2005, 05:49 PM
OMG.....................sounds like it might be going to "Cuda-ville", all boats headed South seem to go through Cuda-ville..................so, anybody know what the speed limit is on the St. Johns River.
Not just no, but hell no! Cuda's green isn't near that long to buy this boat, and my balls don't contain enough brass to run it if I did have the green! :)

Btw 30 mph. :)