PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mounts For 66 18' Triple Hatch

KDG
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I am in the process of completing my project and will install the engine & drive shortly. There are two front rubber motor mounts that sit on mating brackets which are through bolted to the stringers and have no type of adjustment configuration except for whatever play there is with the bolt holes.

In looking through my parts that came with the boat when purchased (in a disassembled state), I can't locate the rear motor mounts. The engine is a Ford 351 Windsor and has a Volvo 250 drive. Are the rear motor mounts available? If so, where?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

KDG

Greg
08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
From what I remember about my old 200 Volvo (its been awhile) the rear of the motor is attached to the stern drive. There should be an intermediate part that bolts to the back of the bell housing and then mates to the drive.

penbroke
08-01-2005, 01:19 PM
On mine the mounts you describe sit about in the middle of the engine and tne rear of the engine is supported by the bellhousing/flywheel cover.

Frank
'66 Triple Hatch 289 Cobra/Volvo 200

MOP
08-01-2005, 10:24 PM
No rear mounts on the older ones, alignment is not critical they pretty much self align. The four cylinder models did not have any mounts other than the transom shield. If you do want it to be the best it can be, measure from the bottom of the hull to the center of the opening in the shield. When you get the engine hung in, raise or lower the front of the engine so the center of the crank shaft pulley matches that height.

Phil

Moody Blu'
08-01-2005, 10:45 PM
nope no rear motor mounts

what year is your donzi?

I ask because you may want to modify the alternator bracket with a new style MARCH alternator assembly. I find myself adjusting the original bracket alot. I have a MARCH alt bracket sitting at my house. It will be put on when i pull the motor for my motor modifications and drive change. If you end up doing it you will have to drill some holes in the motor mount but it would be worth it.

where in NJ are you going to be running your donzi?

what kind of motor mods did you do?
we shoudd meet up sometime when you get her wet

KDG
08-02-2005, 07:26 AM
nope no rear motor mounts

what year is your donzi?

I ask because you may want to modify the alternator bracket with a new style MARCH alternator assembly. I find myself adjusting the original bracket alot. I have a MARCH alt bracket sitting at my house. It will be put on when i pull the motor for my motor modifications and drive change. If you end up doing it you will have to drill some holes in the motor mount but it would be worth it.

where in NJ are you going to be running your donzi?

what kind of motor mods did you do?
we shoudd meet up sometime when you get her wet

Good Morning:

Thanks to all for the responses. This will be one less think I need to purchase and will also keep me out of the dog house and off of the couch at night. The boat is a 1966, all yellow (original) with white deck and hull stripes. I live in Clementon, NJ which is less than a 1/2 hour South of Cherry Hill, NJ. The engine was built last fall by Vince's Machine Shop in Lindenwold, NJ. She is .030" over, has a blue streak cam, silicone coated valves guides, new Weiand Stealth dual plane intake, new Edelbrock 600cfm carb with mechanical secondaries, and some really nice trim pieces, (polished/finned aluminum valve covers, etc.). I will run aluminum exhaust logs.

It has a new white interior with yellow piping from Bilt Rite, new trailer and a mooring cover that I purchased from Overton's. I plan to trailer it locally to the Tuckahoe and Mullica Rivers and possibly Avalon, NJ. With the young family and lots going on, I expect that I'll only be able to splash her a few times between now and fall. Should see much more activity next season though. Once she's finished, I'll be sure to post some pics. It would be cool to run with some other Donzi's. Where can I get one of those alternator brackets? I am running the original style for now.

Thanks again for the help.

Kurt