PDA

View Full Version : Sparkplug recommendations

Stevo440
08-01-2005, 09:44 AM
To All

I did a search on sparkplugs and came up with a few different types and brands available, and was wonderin what input I could get from yall. The plug that came with the engine (Stock 2001 454 mag mpi/in a 22) is a ACDelco MR43T Marine grade non projected tip plug, there is also a Rapid Fire plug # unnknow also. NGK's plug is a std BR6FS/4324 also std tip. Autolite AP25 single Platinum projected tip and std 25 projected tip and std 144 std tip. Then there is Champion with a 5942 SS Marine grade projected tip and a std RV15YC4/18 plug. There are more but this about rounds out the field.
My question is has anyone tried the extended tip plugs from Champion and Autolite and all input would be welcome on these.
Also I looked at my plugs and they looked blacker than I like and was wonderin if anyone experimented in goin one step hotter?
The extnended tip is SUPPOSE to stay cleaner and give a better idle bein that it is stickin out further in the combustion chamber and gettin the spark out in the open more. Well I guess you get the gist of this post so What's the Story Guy's? I'm all ears....

Thanks
Steve

MOP
08-01-2005, 10:38 AM
An opion, I would stick with the stock plugs. More and more we are finding out the computers like to work with what they were designed for, a change can upset things. The MR43T is been a great marine plug, I stuck with them in my stroker with good results. Many of the guys have gotten good results with other brands and types but on non computer controlled setups.

phil